Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
1. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving at home or elsewhere this year? With whom will you spend Thanksgiving Day? My mom is 91 and my aunt 90. My aunt wanted a home Thanksgiving. My sister usually takes us to her Country Club. But this obviously could be their last Thanksgiving, so we’ll be at my sister’s house.
2. What do you have for breakfast on Thanksgiving? Since when is there a law that you’ve got to have a traditional breakfast? I don’t know but I’m hoping for lox & cream cheese.
3. Do you go to a Thanksgiving parade or watch one on TV? I’ve lived in this town for over a decade, yet I know very little about those kinds of things. I’m guessing they must do something…
4. Do you serve appetizers, lunch, or snacks during the day? This meme is only for people who host Thanksgiving. The rest of you move along. Nothing to see here.
5. What do you wear on Thanksgiving? Clothes and yes, everyone’s thankful.
6. What’s your Thanksgiving table like — do you use special plates/silver/glasses, etc? Do you have a centerpiece? A color scheme? Candles? Another clue that is only for people who host Thanksgiving. The rest of please keep moving along. Nothing to see here either. Whoever wrote it most have known that “her” (I assuming here) circle of friends were all homemakers.
7. Do you serve buffet-style or family-style? What do you have to drink? Ah. I don’t serve a fucking thing. I can’t even boil water. Hello, anybody home up there? Oh. Yep, I can answer the drink part. Smirnoff, shaken not stirred.
8. Once you’re at the table, do you say grace or a toast or does everyone go around and say what they’re thankful for? We sometimes toast. Prayers? The last I remember that my dad (an atheist) once gave: “Now I sit me down to eat. If I don’t burst that’s a feat. If I should choke before I’m through, I hope dear lord that you do too.”
9. Do you have dessert right after the main meal or later on? Just shoot me.
10. What do you do with your leftovers? What’s the use. I knew I’d suck at this meme and I actually considered a pass. But, upon further review, I’m here.
My brother had a visit with my dad who was wide awake and talkative. I plan to see him on Tuesday or Thursday. My brother and his wife went to the funeral home that our family uses in my hometown. It’s called Malloy’s and my cousin Ted christened it as “No joy Malloy” a years ago. Kathy was pressing me to do a photo video. I said I’d run it up “the flagpole”. But before I could my brother and his wife called and asked if we could do it. So I gotta get pics. I hope he’s still with us and awake when I visit next. Friday he only woke once and gave me a big grin and said, “Hi Bud!” I hope you have a great Turkey Day~! See you next time. same time. Same blog.