Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
1. Have you had an argument with anyone recently? If so, do you still have issues with that person? Recently I’ve been thrown more in a peace keeper role stopping arguments between my siblings.
2. Are you talking to anyone while filling this in? How about texting/chatting on Facebook? Really? Next…
3. Have you done something recently that helped someone else, in any way? No. It’s easier being a selfish prick.
4. Who was the last person to pay you a compliment? My boss told me that I did a good job. Third time in ten years. He must have been high.
5. Is there anything that’s happened in the past month, that you wish you could go back in time and change? Yes. But I tend to dwell on the now and that’s pretty good.
6. What colour is your purse/wallet? Canadian, eh?
7. What’s the closest item to you that’s black? Jesus. Who cares?
8. Think about what you looked like 5 years ago. How did you look different, compared to the way you look now? I look five years older. Riveting!
9. Before Facebook became popular, did you use any other social networking site, like Bebo or Myspace? I have a Myspace account that predates facebook for WTIT. Initially it was the platform we played comedy bits on our first website.
10. Has someone of the opposite sex ever sung to you? If so, how did you respond to it? Generally I fall down in hysterical laughter. But that’s just me.
11. When did you last hug someone of the opposite sex? This morning I hugged the Mrs.
12. Have you ever seen the film “Casablanca”? Did you like it? Yes & I feel it’s a film as good a film as any ever made. This could be the beginning a terrific friendship…
13. Do you have a relative whose name begins with ‘L’? Tell me about him/her. Lauren is my oldest granddaughter who turned 12 in September. She plays middle school soccer and is a very short girl for her age. But mom is 5 foot and dad no taller. I call her “my angel.” Her sister is Lindsay, another “L” who is 8 and a pistol. My daughter uses a hashtag #thingsthatlinnersays for her insight (obvious calling her “Linner”). I call her “my kitten” because she asked me to…
14. Are you a secretive person? No. I let it all out for better or for worse, so to speak.
15. When did you last eat? Before question 13 my lady, my wife Kathy brought me blueberry pancakes.
17. If I’m going to buy you a box of chocolates, which kind should I definitely NOT get? A brand that I do not know. I know. But shit, it can’t all be funny.
18. Is there something you generally always ask for help with? Yes, anything to do with tools or cars. Why didn’t my dad give me those skills? Of course. He couldn’t do that shit either.
19. If you had to give up your phone or your computer, which would it be? Oh. He we go for “Sophie’s Choice”.
20. Has anyone called you gorgeous/beautiful today? Does “handsome” count? Not that anyone said that either, but I do like the rules quantified.
My sister, her spouse and I went to se my dad yesterday. He got angry when I said I couldn’t bring his furniture into his room. But it went well otherwise except that he is in a ton of pain. He doesn’t have a high threshold for pain meds, but the hydrocodone is not strong enough. My brother called as I began doing this edition of Allison’s “Stealing”. He said he’d talk to the doctor tomorrow.
Meanwhile in the world of WTIT, I fucked up our latest bit, in the sense of losing a piece. I found our scripts so a quick re-read next recording session will fix it. It was a spot spoof for the new Apple Watch.
Paul Revere of “The Raiders” died at 73 yesterday. The cause of death has yet to be released. That band was my wife’s favorite growing up. When Mark Lindsay’s band (he left the Raiders long ago) we met him and he autographed our old albums and the greatest hits CD of the Raiders.
My Aunt Helen turns 90 today. Meanwhile, we will return on this same blog, same time. Peace!