Thanks to Gal for authoring this meme. Click on the Sat-9 header directly below to play.
Saturday 9: Roar
(recommended by Cat)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
2) The lyrics mention both lions and tigers. In addition to the big cats, the video shows a monkey and an elephant. If we were going to the zoo today, which animal would you want to see first? The lion that paces in circles and has no hair on its right side. Awesome, dude.
3) Lions and tigers are carnivores. If we were having steak for dinner, would you order it rare, medium or well done? You could do this with any question. Watch me! “Polar bears and Arctic foxes live in cold weather. How hot do you like your steak? Rare, medium or cooked until total gray?”
4) Lots of photos are snapped at the zoo. Did you take your last picture with a camera or with your phone? I brought along mosaic tiles and grounded the stones to dust. Then I use a certain adhesive mixture that I bought on Risa. Within two weeks I have a pretty decent mess on my hands, but I’m used to it. You want one? Only a thousand dollars! Buy one, get another one at the same rice! Offers may vary. Details upon arrival. Member FDIC.
5) The “Roar” video takes place in the jungle. The average temperature all year around in the rainforest is a humid 80º. The typical September day in Juneau is 49º, dry and sunny. Which sounds more comfortable? The one on the right. Did you know that Tippi Hedren did a movie of the same name that had lions & tigers in it and people got hurt and the animals were badly mistreated? Hedren late in life bought the property and set up a shelter for big cats.
6) In her youth, Katy took dance lessons at the local recreation hall in Santa Barbara. Crazy Sam took tap dance lessons as a girl, too. What about you? Were you sent off to dance class? Music lessons? Art class? I was great at dance class. You should see me in a tutu. Fortunately, I’ve got great legs. I studied sitar under Ravi Shankar distant cousin, Sidekar Shankar. My art hangs at that great museum Chicago Metropolitan Museum of Art. It’s a painting of the infamous “Tutu” experiment.
7) Katy recently passed Justin Bieber as the most followed person on Twitter. What’s the last message you re-tweeted? “Hi everybody. I’m new here.”
8) Congratulations! You just won the lottery! Do you want it in a lump sum, or would you prefer payments over the next 25 years? Better get the lump sum. I’m not getting younger.
9) Did you get 8 hours sleep last night? Shhhhhhh. I’m only sleeping…
Join us again. Same time. Same blog. Maybe funnier jokes. Nah.