(recommended by Kwizgiver)
If you’re not familiar with today’s song, you can hear it here.
1) This song refers to the summer breezes and winds of mid-July. Now that July is almost over, how would you describe this month’s weather where you are? Hotter than the French Twins in a shower. Today, however, is terrific.
2) The lyrics mention the “perfect plans.” Do you have plans for today? Or will you just let this summer Saturday unfold? As I write this it is Friday. Tonight WTIT records. Whether we do comedy or not, it’s always a great time. Saturday, I will probably be hung over.
3) This week’s artist, k. d. lang, attended Red Deer Community College in Alberta. Red Deer’s school colors are green, black and silver. What were your school colors? Emerson College was blue and gold. I did varsity sailing one week when they were desperate. Now that I think of it, so did Galloping Gary. He didn’t even go to the school. Gary was up for the weekend and my roommate was on the team. My roommate and I came in last. Even Gary beat us.
4) She had a bit part in the 2006 murder mystery The Black Dahlia. Do you enjoy murder mysteries? For the most part I am a fan. My mom is a big “Murder She Wrote” fan. I got into the Agatha Christie shit for a short time a couple of marriages ago. Now I just enjoy police/crime dramas like “NCIS” or “Rizzolli & Isles”.
5) Ms. lang is a vegetarian. What’s the last beef, chicken, pork or fish you ate? Oh, you want a diary of the food I ate? When? Had I had Chinese last night, I would have probably hit them all. Although, you didn’t mention “cat”. Why doesn’t k.d. land use caps? And why does our friend “Cat.” Always use a period in her name? (I actually figured that out long ago. Did you know…that when I authored Sat-9 that I stole a tone of questions from her archive? She didn’t notice at the time but I ‘fessed up after Gal took over.)
6) In 2000, when this song was released, California suffered a series of blackouts. Has your power gone out this summer? Once. It was just my street and don’t think we ever found out why. You care SO much when they are out. Was it lightning? A sudden July snow event? A accident because of sex in the car? But the moment the power comes on, you could not care less about any of what had turned it off.
8) Which would you rather have on your hot dog: sauerkraut, ketchup/mustard/relish or chili? While I love dogs any which way, chili dogs are my favorite.
9) If you had your choice, which would you prefer: new shoes or a new wallet? Ha! Guys hate shopping. Mostly we have a couple of dress shoes and our work shoes. I have had a problem lately with wallets. I’ve bought several that fell apart. I’m getting a new one this coming week.
Tough week for my family. My dad is getting tossed from his assisted living place. He has both dementia and psych issues. He slams his door for a half hour when he’s frustrated. I firmly believe his doctor doesn’t have a clue on his meds. However, he picks and chooses which ones he takes and since it is not a skilled nursing facility, they don’t force the issue. I was going to see him yesterday, but just couldn’t. I decided I’d go Sunday. We need a psych evaluation. He told my sister-in-law that he knows he doesn’t have much time and he wants to do a lot. The hardest part for me is that he isn’t physically in good shape either. With my back (ten operations) I can’t move him around. Yesterday my sister texted me and I replied that at the meeting (when we found out he was being thrown out) our medical specialist (hired by my brother at a very high rate) was worthless. It was at that moment I noticed that it was a group text that went to that specialist. I tried to cover it, but really, what could I add? Before the meeting she asked us not to talk and that they wouldn’t toss him. She never is out front, and seldom correct when guesses wrong on what will happen next correctly.
On a brighter note, it is a WTIT recording night as I mentioned. We never have a bad time. We expect Johnnie Walker, Bouncing Billy & Rock Rolling. In the 60s & 70s we recorded multiple times a week. In the 80s it was weekly. We were raising our kids so we went weekly because we need a “boy’s night out”. The wives loved it, since we weren’t in bars. From 1999 to 2011 we only recorded a couple of times a year. We now are doing it every other month now, which is perfect.
I spent last weekend with my son Ben & his family. I got some good pics with my granddaughter Zoey. On Sunday we saw the Yankees beat the Cincinnati Reds. It was a walk off win, which I don’t think I’ve seen in person before. I’ll be here again. Same time, same blog.