1) The song promises that, “When you’re with the Flintstones, you’ll have a yabba-dabba-doo time.” So clearly Wilma was one accomplished hostess. What about you? Do you enjoy having company? Oh yes! Except for last night. When those police officers arrived they were not amused when I said the costume party was on Sunday. I should be out in 5 to 10.
2) Since lyrics say, “Let’s ride with the family down the street/courtesy of Fred’s two feet,” we’re assuming the pedal-powered Flintstone car didn’t require much gas. Are you loyal to a particular brand of gas? Or do you fill up with whatever is nearby, or least expensive? I always go for the most expensive gas. It must be worth more, no?
3) Clearly a sharp-dressed man in stone-age Bedrock wore a long tunic and no pants. What are you wearing right now, as you answer these questions? A long tunic but I accessorize with jogging pants.
4) Pebbles Flintstone grew up with Dino the Dinosaur and Baby Puss the Saber-Tooth Cat. Did you have any pets as you were growing up? Yes. My pet vulture’s name was “Disposal” since we pile food up and gave it to the following week.
5) Mr. Slate is Fred’s blustery boss at quarry, and he frequently threatens to fire Fred. Have you ever had a bad-tempered boss? Who hasn’t? You either have to reason with them and if they are really bad you poison them with a wild mushroom pizza.
6) It’s estimated that during The Flintstones original run (1960-1966), it was viewed by as many adults as kids. Now that you’re a grown up, do you still watch cartoons? It’s hard not to love “Family Guy”. It’s not a “can’t miss” cuz Jill Hennessy is not in it.
7) In 1961, The Flintstones was nominated for a Prime Time Emmy Award as Outstanding Comedy Series. Do you watch awards shows? No. My brother Mark (seriously) was invited to the Grammys and Oscars and could be seen on TV and I didn’t even watch that.
8) There are at least two Flintstones-themed amusement parks currently in operation. Do you enjoy scary rides? Only when there’s a chance of serious danger. I search for the amusement parks that have the crappiest wood made roller coaster and hope for the worst. I was SO disappointed when one time when I got off the next group of people went off the tracks and landed in a tree. Why can’t that happen to me.
9) Flintstones Vitamins are still on store shelves. Do you take a vitamin each morning? Yep, along with oxycotin for a kick start.
(Feel free to not read this continuing saga of my dad. It just helps to talk about it.) My dad has a major infection in his blood that started as a UTI. He knows I can relate since a staph infection nearly killed me in 2003. When I visited him at both the hospital and now at a rehab facility, he thinks his room at his assisted living place and gets mad when I tell him it’s not even in the same state. Kathy and I stayed through dinner with him yesterday and he was in decent spirits. He was talking to Kathy. Last time for some reason he was mad at her. He gave me his mail box key to check his mail. The key was to his apartment mail box that we were forced to cancel six months ago. He had lived there 20 years. I miss the non-dementia version of him. But he still knows who everyone is and loves to talk sports and politics. We’re back with Stealing mañana. Join us. Same time. Same blog.