2) Do you have 2014 vacation plans? Not yet. I’ve discussed asking HarveyWallbanger up for a week. I haven’t seen him since 2011. We used to talk weekly and I’d have him up for a month when I was single.3) Do you have a passport? No. I haven’t been out of the country since the 90s. The last time I used a passport was for a trip to England in the 70s. My wife lived in England for over a year. We’d both like to go back. We’d also like to win the lottery…4) If you took a 7-night cruise, could you completely unplug — no phone calls, no texts, no internet? My daughter Heather is celebrating her 40th
birthday on a cruise and the entire family. The trip is to the Caribbean in August. Since her mother and step dad and I don’t talk it was an interesting invite. We passed for two reasons. Dollars and Kathy hates ships because she can’t swim. I let her know as soon as I got the invite, so she could let her mother know.
5) Do you own a travel alarm clock? Just on my iPhone.
6) Though the Go-Gos broke up in 1985, they frequently reunite for live performances. What’s the last concert you attended? A couple of years ago my son Ben and I went to a 90s concert to see Sugar Ray, Lit,Everclear and The Gin Blossoms.
7) Their first hit was “Our Lips Are Sealed.” Can you be trusted with a secret? History has proven that I suck at it. Did you want to tell me one?
8) In 1982, when this song was popular, the comedy Tootsie was in theaters. What movie makes you laugh? “Groundhog Day” was one of thebest ever. WhenI was living with HarveyWallbanger I the early 90s I decided to show it to my kids. Since myvcr was on my bedroom TV we were in there. It was a tiny room and three of my kids were sitting on my bed with me. We were laughing so hard that Harvey and a girlfriend poked their heads in to see what we were doing. They ended up sitting on the floor and joining us.
9) Sam is chewing on a Tums as she composes these questions. What’s the last over-the-counter medication that you took? Mescaline. Man, the colors dude.
I had a horrible visit with my Dad. He’s back in the hospital with a UTI. The combination of delirium from the infection and his dementia he’s really out there. He thinks his assistant living apartment is “down the hall”. When I told him it was in another state, he got angry. He then toldme he became a billionaire in the stock market the day before and what a help my sister Diane (stock broker for Wells Fargo) was. He then asked me to call my wife so we could go to a piano bar. When I said no he got so angry I decided to exit. I kissed him and told him that I loved him. He said, “Well you don’t show it.” I replied, “I do the best that I can”. My brother and his wife are visiting with him as I type. They seem to weather this better than I do. He’d gonna call me and tell him how it went. The assisted living place found him washing clothes in his toilet. They told my sister-in-law that they don’t think they can care for him any more even moving him to a dementia unit. It wasn’t because of his dementia, it is because he needs so much medical care. So when he gets released, he will go to a rehab place. And then it’s anybody’s guess. I was visibly shaken when I left him yesterday. I know he doesn’t mean anything. It just was the most out of it that I have seen him.