1) This song is about how the older generation often doesn’t understand what the younger generation is up to. Do you keep up with trends? Yes. When we just ordered this year’s WTIT Tape Radio Thongs we did sufficient research that it was what’s trending now.
Also, what’s really trending in music: We witnessed what was the most dynamic Idol moment in Season XIII. Watch the video. Jennifer Lopez was so moved she got up & kissed Jena. This was a moment like Fantasia’s in what I believe was Season 3. The glitch in this video was aired that I was able to correct in an audio version. I don’t want to hear about when you though the show “jumped the shark”. Last year’s judging disaster with Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson last hurrah (thankful this season, not one “She’s in it to win it!”) saved only by Keith Urban’s wit, talent and thought provoking reviews. No country crooner this season. The return of the loveable Jennifer Lopez (and so hot), the return of Keith Urban from last year and Harry Connick, Jr. The final four were rockers. While we’ve predicted Caleb Johnson to win it at the Top 40 left, he is now just two weeks away. But I will always follow these four. If you didn’t join I this year you’ve missed a lot. Here’s that video.
2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels? Just HBO. I love a lot of their primetime shows like “The Newsroom” and “True Detective”. I am a huge Bill Maher fan as well. And what football fan doesn’t love “Hard Knocks”?
3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along? Never try to cook pot in a microwave. Years ago, when I was into such things, I didn’t want my young kids to smell pot smoke. They never smelled more pot than on that day. Or I should say “They never smelled more pot than on that day as kids…”
4) The French word for “mother” is “mère.” What other French words do you know? Avez-vous ici celui au sujet du vieil homme qui n’avaient jamais eu un blowjob? Il a supplié son épouse un jour. “Je suis un vieil homme. Je n’ai jamais eu un. Juste une fois avant que je meure je veux une seule.” Son épouse a répondu qu’il n’avait jamais respecter son plus jamais. Le vieil homme gardé la mendicité et la femme l’a finalement cédé. Après qu’elle lui a demandé: “Avez-vous encore respecter moi?” Le vieil homme a ri. “Bien sûr. Cela ne changera jamais.” Elle a demandé à nouveau, “vous?” Il a répondu: “bien sûr.” La pierre à aiguiser a sonné et le vieil homme a répondu et a dit, “pendre sur un sec. C’est pour vous notoire cocksucker.”
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother’s Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming? Sadly, I have no garden. The shame of it all I feel deeply about every day of my life.
6) Mother’s Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick’s Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from “Congratulations on Your New Job” to “Happy Retirement.” Who received the most recent card you bought? Someone when I was single in 2010 or 2011.
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? No. But I don’t have to. Kathy has a “wardrobe room, so the large bedroom closet is all mine!
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she’s still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward “neat” or “messy?” A bit of both…
9) To celebrate Mother’s Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds? Dark chocolate. Godiva has a new Dark Chocolate liqueur that is to die for.
Be back. Join us tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!