Thank you Allison for hosting Sunday Stealing. to join in click here.
TV Meme, part one
1. TV Theme songs. Which is your favorite, and which makes you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote? I think Cheers “Where Everybody Knows Your Name” is my favorite. I can’t think of any that I hated. Wait. There’s that reality show on Playboy Channel called “The Real Wife Swap”. Hearing “It’s time for every man to bang your wife” gets a tad tedious.
2. The Classics. What is your favorite Classic TV show? This is hard. And not the way my last answer went. Era is most important. When I was really little I loved “The Honeymooners”. In the 60s it was “The Dick Van Dyke Show”. In the 80s it was three that all aired back to back: “All in the Family”, “Mary Tyler Moore” & M*A*S*H.
3. What character from a Classic TV show would you like to be? Hawkeye Pierce.
5. Heroes. What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite? There’s a lot but I’ll go with NCIS.
6. TV Cops. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop? Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked, or the most inept? Andy Sipowitz of NYPD Blue was the best development of a character and change. The show was so well written. I recently went on Amazon Prime and watched the entire series in order. Most inept? I’ll go with Barney Fife. But you had to love the guy.
8. TV Doctors. Which TV doctor would you choose to remove your appendix? Which TV doctor would you not let touch you with a 10- foot pole? I’d have Mark Greene from “ER” operate. I’d stay miles away from Frank Burns.
9. TV Moms. Which TV mom would you have liked to have had for your own? Is there a TV mom you would never want as your own? Mrs. C from “Happy Days”. There’s a lot of also rans, but she was the best. As one I wouldn’t want I’ll go with Roseanne. Loved the show, but would want her cackling at me all day.
10. TV Dads. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you’d have least liked to have had? For the best I choose Chuck Connors on “The Rifleman” raised his son alone. He always had the right answer. I could not imagine having Archie Bunker as a father.
11. Comedies. How do you feel about sitcoms? Good, wholesome fun or saccharine inanity? Wholesome fun? Yuk. Not whatever that means. I like comedies that appeal to your intellect and real life situations. “Sex in the City” comes to mind.
13. If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage? Yes. And I have worked in a comedy club. I was the DJ who warmed up the audience. I never planned jokes. I just went with whatever was on my mind.
14. Reality. Are you a fan of Reality TV? What’s your “can’t miss” reality TV show (or shows), or what reality TV show do you suppose the devil plays on the TV in Hell as punishment? I’ve loved “Idol” since its second season. “Bar Rescue” is also a can’t miss. If I ever see another “Wife Swap” I’ll shoot myself.
15. If you were given a free ticket to be on any reality show, which one would you choose? I got nothing here. If I could sing it would be obvious. But I can’t.
Have a great Sunday! See you again. Same time. Same blog.