Unfamiliar with this week’s tune? Hear it here.
1) This upbeat song is from a CD called The Bright Side. What is brightening your world this fine Saturday? I’m hoping for some naked neighborhood women’s choir to show up. My wife won’t mind unless I invite them in. I was in a car accident yesterday. No one was hurt, but it was a long day. I crashed (as in sleeping) at 7:30 and slept 13 hours. I’m never up till ten on a Saturday. Wait, I hear the doorbell. I hope it’s the choir!!! brb
2) Our featured artist Meiko sings, “You are the one I can see having fun with …”. When is the last time you laughed hard? Who were you with? Kathy and I laugh hard a lot. We had a fire the other night and I remember us laughing as we had cocktails. What we thought was funny is anyone’s guess. And whether it was actually funny or it was the cocktails, I don’t know.
3) She also sings, “I must confess when I wear this dress I feel like dancing …”. Does your mood have an impact on what you wear? No. Sometimes it impacts me on what I’m not wearing.
4) In this video, she accidentally drops one of her meatballs on the floor. Do you believe in “the five second rule,” which states that if food has been on the floor less than five seconds it’s still OK to eat? Or, after it hits the floor, is the next stop always the garbage? I’m a five second rule guy. NOT to be confused with a five second guy.
5) Despite her exotic-sounding name, Meiko was born in Atlanta, home of the Braves. Do you plan on going to the ballpark this season? Yes. Ben (my son) and I go to a Yankee game every year.
6) Meiko recently posted a photo of herself in DisneyLand posing with Goofy. Who took the most recent photo of you? What were you doing? Kathy takes a quick WTIT photo shoot every time we record. Our picks cover a very long time. Kathy is big into photography and enjoys contributing to the 45 years of photos involving WTIT.
7) Are you stubborn? Only when I’m right and I always am.
8) Let’s visit your bathroom: What color is your toothbrush? This is the lamest invite to a bathroom that I’ve ever had.
9) Which would we find: bar soap or liquid soap? Bar. And come to think of it, I need a drink. There is never a fucking waitress around when you need one.
What a week. On Monday we were talking hospice for my dad because his kidneys shut down. And that was because we were told there was no shot. By yesterday his kidneys were working fine and went back to his assisted living home! 3 on Thursday launched. It’s a bit odd because of the way I got involved. I do hope it does well, but just 3 questions? It’s more of an appetizer than a meme. If I get his computer on I’ll share the link that Gal sent me to watch Wrigley’s 100. But why the Sammy snub? Even The Rocket was well received in Boston and put in their Hall of Fame. I liked the way the Sox did it at Fenway. Include EVERYBODY. We will be back stealing with Allison. Same time. Same blog. Peace & love…