1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside? This is not only an important choice but also a rather and educational effort that will need an investigation into the Easter habits of folks who do memes on Saturday. For this effort WTIT has contacted Dr. Drain Bamage of the Psychiatric Institute of the Brain in Atlanta. Atlanta has been known as the meme capital of the word for quite some time now. (OK, just since I made it up) The good doctor responded that economic poor memers would prefer the coins, memers with no teeth would eat those ugly baby marshmallow chicks and horny memers would go for the chocolate rabbits. We then asked what percentage of memers would choose “none of the above”. He responded, “Bud if you think anyone has bothered to read this response all the way through, you are even more delusional than has been previously reported.”
2) What’s your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)? For this effort WTIT has once again contacted Dr. Drain Bamage of the Psychiatric Institute of the Brain in Atlanta in Atlanta. He told Bud to fuck off.
3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What’s for lunch? With any kind of luck it will be Nova Scotia lox and crèam cheese on a toasted onion bagel with cappers of course. But right now me lady me wife is filming her weekly “Kathy A’s Make-up for Woman Over 40.” She’s got over 1000 subscribers. I’m hoping it gets picked up in syndication.
4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry and it’s still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you’re on your own; Sam didn’t include a link to the song this week.)
Here comes Peter Cottontail Hopping down the bunny trail. Hippity hoppin’, Easter’s on its way! Bringing every girl and boy Baskets full of Easter joy Things to make your Easter Bright and gay. He’s got jelly beans for Tommy, Colored eggs for sister Sue. There’s an orchid for your mommy, And an Easter basket too. Oh! Here comes Peter Cottontail Hoppin’ down the bunny trail. Hippity hoppity Easter’s on it’s way! Here comes Peter Cottontail Hopping down the bunny trail. Look at him stop and listen to him say, “Try to do the things you should.” Maybe if you’re extra good, He’ll roll lots of Easter eggs your way. You’ll wake up on Easter morning And you’ll know that he was there, When you find those chocolate bunnies That he’s hidden everywhere. Oh! Here comes Peter Cottontail Hopping down the bunny trail. Hippity hoppity
Happy Easter Day!
Of course I cheated. If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying.
5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma? No but I saw the musical if that’s any help. It sucks btw.
7) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse? Mr. Ed, Flicka, Silver (Hi Ho, and no that’s not a greeting for a prostitute) Secretariat, Sea Biscuit, Gongerling and Champion. Wellllllll Wilbur…
8) Gene Autry also recorded “Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer,” and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist? The Beatles. I know, that was a fucking shocker.
9) Back to the holiday celebration at hand — Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What leaves you feeling refreshed
and rejuvenated? Back in the day it was always The French Twins. Believe it or not I stopped seeing them after I got married. I wonder whatever happened to them…
A woman who is a fan of Allison’s Sunday Stealing contacted us about hosting a meme. After her request for $$, I made her jump through some hoops to be sure she was serious. Once I was convinced, I hoped that she would take “Wednesday Wickedness” or “Rock ‘n Roll Friday”. She chose one that I designed but never launched. It was original called “Thursday Thinking” because it was set to go the week after “Thursday Thunks” signed off. I was offered “Thunks” since by the end I was hosting more than its owners Kimber & Berleen. I turned it down. The charm of that meme was the silly questions that She decided to change the name to “3 on Thursday”. Check it out here. It launches this Thursday.
My dad has very swollen legs so he went to the doctor’s office. He was immediately admitted to the hospital. So of course, I’ll be at the hospital today as well. I will be back with Sunday Stealing. Same time. Same blog.