Unfamiliar with this week’s song? Hear it here.
1) This song encourages us to “stick to the rivers and lakes you’re used to.” What body of water is nearest your home — pond, lake, river, gulf or sea? The Scantic River runs behind my neighbor’s house. (We are perpendicular to each other). Behind my house is the Scantic State Park which is 275 acres.
2) Have you ever visited a waterfall? If so, please tell us about it. No I haven’t. I’ve just discovered iTunes Alternative Radio. I’m listening to NONONO right now.
3) This song is from a CD entitled CrazySexyCool. Which word best describes how you feel today: Crazy, sexy or cool? I’m always all three and it’s a curse.
4) The girls in TLC originally began hanging around together in an Atlanta-area hair salon. When did you last sit in a stylist’s chair? Yesterday. These two women own the shop. When I first moved here they worked at the place I got my hair cut. They opened their own shop some five years ago and I followed them there. They had to listen to my dad’s story. Teaches them right to ask me “What’s knew?” I decided to visit my dad today (he’s in a behavior support while being evaluated from suffering dementia) but yesterday one of my brother’s friends went and had an uneventful visit. But after he left my dad started throwing chairs and needed sedation. The facility let us know that it happened last weekend when my brother and I visited him. I feel very guilty not going, but I think it’s the right call.
5) While she spent her adolescence in Atlanta, bandmember Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins was born in Des Moines. Do you live in or near the town where you were born? Yes. I was born in Hartford CT at the same hospital that my dad had his operation that triggered his dementia. It’s less than a half hour away. It’s also the place that I got the staph infection in 2003. I was in bed for a year with IVs and daily nurses visits. Everyone thought I’d die. Including me. The doctor tried a third antibiotic and told me if it didn’t work I was toast. Fortunately and obviously, it worked. Had it not, you would never had got to read all the craziness that I’ve written on WTIT: The Blog over the last eight years.
6) One of T-Boz’ recent public appearances was on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Do you watch any of the popular Bravo Real Housewives shows? No. The only reality show that I’ve watch consistently is American Idol. They’ve done a great job changing the show this season. The judges, Jlo, Keith Urnan and Harry Connick, Jr really work well together. Last years feud between Nikki and Mariah was awkward and awful.
7) In the 1990s, band member Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes was romantically involved with an Atlanta Falcons football player. They shared his upscale, two-story mansion. How would you describe your abode (house, cottage, apartment, condo, studio, etc.)? It’s a four bedroom, split level ranch that looks more like a colonial when you are outside because of its pillars. One bedroom is off the den. It’s now WTIT’s Studio. It also had three full bathrooms. Kathy has her own wardrobe room and besides the master we have a guest room. There’s a full deck off the dining room that overlooks the state park. The fireplace I the living room is awesome. I bet you’d not believe that I love the place.
8) Ms. Lopes was accused of arson when, after the couple argued, that mansion happened to burn down. When was the last time you lost your temper? How did you express your anger? (If it was with a criminal act, you may wish to keep it to yourself.) I lost my temper with Kathy last night over totally nothing. She graciously accepted my apology. I guess the pressure I am under is getting to me. She’s been a rock. I can’t imagine going through this thing with my dad without her.
9) Today the third member of TLC, Chilli, designs personalized handbags. They cost about $225 each. What’s the most expensive thing you have bought recently? This house in January 2012. As far as a big toy type thing, I bought Kathy the coffin all episode set of “Dark Shadows”. She used to race home from school to watch the vampire soap with her late mother. She wanted it sincve I’ve met her but it cost over $400. My son Ben emailed me when it was Amazon’s “Deal of the Day” in October. It was around $275. I’ll never forget her face when she opened it Christmas.
I hope all is well with you. See you tomorrow for Stealing! Same time. Same blog.