Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised? After 10 spine surgeries, exorcise and I have taken different paths. Honestly, in the mid 80s I was a racquetball junkie. After my first surgery, I was determined to return to my leagues. In the second match my back gave out. Then I got into golf. Surprisingly it did not bother my back for years. But by 1993, I had o stop that as well. What a fucking cheery note to return this fucking job.
2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. “Dentophobia” is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist? I used to hate it. By 2006 it showed. I borrowed money and fixed my teeth. Now besides a great smile, I don’t mind the torture anymore and I am now a huge advocate of flossing.
3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show? No. Work kinda gets in the way.
4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to children (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)? Probably the last time I took a vacation with my kids and grandkids.
5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they? Radio DJ, nightclub DJ, hotel manager & owner, video store chain owner, Radio sales & management, furniture store Operations Manager, TV Sales and acting, Marketing at Fortune 500 company and liquor salesperson. More than a couple, eh?
6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature? Nope. Or old adult literature either.
7) If this is the “best song ever,” what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge. “My Melody of Love” by Bobby Vinton is my nominee. When it was out I was a DJ at a Hartford radio station. I complained so much about having to play it that my “secret Santa” gave my a copy “signed” by Vinton.
8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say? “My wife LOVES everything royal”. I think the whole royal thing is moronic. I can say that because she doesn’t read my shit anymore.
9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless? It’s moving in the right direction. I have completely rebuilt the WTIT.net website. Everything that was I the intro to this “retired” blog is now on that site. So that’s why I decided to end of The Bud Blog. This blog no longer substitutes for the frustration of not being able to update our website. Also, I have a video show in the works. My wife has a very successful make-up show for 40+ women. She has over 300 subscribers. My plan is to repost whatever my show is about here.
Yep, the more you change, the more you stay the same. While I probably won’t post much but I have been doing, this is where I’ll post my Vlog. That is if I come up with a concept for the thing. It’s ironic that because of my, Kathy had a blog for a couple of years. When her video show (On YouTube under “Kathy A’s Makeup 101”) took off, now I will follow her there. Oh, the comment section is on the top of this post. Peace & Love. We will do this again. Same time. Same blog.