Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. When was the last time that you danced in public? At my Uncle Fred and almost Aunt Marion’s wedding. There was a bit of dancing before the ceremony. Fred had done a lot of drinking that morning to take “the edge off”. He wound out making a pass at Marion’s sister before the nuptials. Had the sister said “no” it might have gone all right. When Marion caught them in the coatroom, it went downhill from there. The band was very good, however. Oh, and Fred did get married, it was to the sister.
2. Tell us about one of your closest friends. I can talk to her about anything and she’s always on my side. She’s very understanding. Yesterday she asked if I felt like a long drive today. I really wanted to please her, but I drive all day for a living. No problems, she’s off on that drive solo. I’m going to marry her on October 20th.
3. What is the most that you have ever lost? My virginity. It kept me from becoming a priest. Well that and the fact I hated The Church. We parted ways at 14.
4. What was the last thing that you have done to help a neighbor? I finally stopped doing his wife. I didn’t let him know it was because that I met Kathy. I’d rather him think I became a nicer guy.
5. It’s election season. What do you think the priorities of the United States really should be? Feed the poor, find jobs for all who want them, provided much better universal health care and pull the plug on wars.
6. What was the last severe weather situation that you and your neighbors endured? A “weather situation”? If I wrote these questions instead of stealing them, I’d be mad at myself.
7. Have you been or are you a vegetarian? Thoughts? Yuk.
8. If you had a wish for your future, what would it be? I wish facebook would decide it needs a Saturday & Sunday meme and pay me big bucks for the rights.
9. Who just doesn’t get it? Anyone who is not a billionaire supporting Mitt Romney & Paul Ryan.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with Judd Corizan and His Enfield Elephants Fantasy Football Team!
Join us for Sunday Stealing! Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my