24. Tell me what’s on your mind? Kathy has pushed me with a couple of personal projects. One was to start the book on The Beatles. I have started it, but it’s a big undertaking. The second is transferring WTIT tapes to digital. There are probably 1000 tapes, although the actual tape number we recently completed Tape 572, over the years the length of the tapes have changed. In our first year we used some super long reel-to-reel tape that could last 6 hours a side. By 1968, we used a faster reel-to-real setting and the tapes were 90 minutes per side. In 1985 we went improve the technology of our recording studio. The tape of choice would be cassettes that lasted 90 minutes, total. By 2000, we had a completely digital studio using the top of the line Sony Vaio desktop computer, beginning at The Penthouse Studio. When the Vaio died we scrambled. The Vaio costs twice as much as a normal computer. So we went first with an HP, and now a Lenovo. In addition, we currently use a digital board that records on a 6 hour flash drive. We try to keep each session to 90 minutes for consistency sake. We can edit on the computer while recording on the flashdrive.
25. What are you looking forward to in the next three months? I’m getting married next month. Kathy just painted the inside of our garage. Before you try to figure it all out, someone before us started to convert it to a room. It has a refrigerator & cabinet’s. The ceiling was 90% complete with a texture finish. Kathy painted the floor, walls and the rest of the ceiling with an off white and sparkles. With a big tent in the driveway, it will be our dining hall. She’s out painting our deck, now. And before you ask me why I’m not helping, I’ve had 9 spinal surgeries. So, along with financing it all, I’m a huge cheerleader. I have two best men, Harvey Wallbanger & Johnnie Walker. Rock Rolling is my groomsman. Johnnie asked what I wanted for a stag. I told him to organize a big recording night for WTIT. He told me that he knew I’d say that.
27. When did you last talk to your BFF? I’ve got several. Kathy, first and foremost said “goodbye” as she headed out to shop. Johnnie called me on Thursday to explain why we need to cancel that WTIT recording session. Harvey and I talk every couple of weeks. At last word, he’s fine.
29. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell anything to? I don’t think you can tell “everything” to anybody. Go for the Mass has ended, Grab a brochure and leave money on your way out.
30. How’s your heart? Pure and innocent. Well, pure anyway.
31. Have you ever felt like you weren’t important? If you’ve ever ended a relationship, or had one ended on you, you can get that feeling. I’ve generally poured a Smirnoff on the rocks, and then met someone else.
33. What are you planning on doing after this? I will check out my blog bud’s responses.
34. Last time you yelled at someone? Kathy’s had trouble hearing, so I’ve had to yell occasionally.
35. Have you told anybody you loved them today? The aforementioned Kathy.
36. Who do you not get along with? No one that I will out on the Internet.
37. What does your most recent text say? I’ll look. It says, “What was the name of the newscaster that you were going to go out with? I’m with Ann Baldwin and some other radio personalities.” It was from my sister. The answer to her question was a woman who was separated and a huge local Hartford news anchor. We did a lot of talking and a lot of arranging, but it never happened. Her loss, is what I thought at the time.
38. What are you wearing right now? A Let It Be tee and jean shorts.
39. You’re locked in a room with the person you last kissed in high school, how is it? Surreal.
40. When’s the last time you had a grilled cheese? A couple of weeks ago I won an all expense trip to Switzerland. You gotta try their Swiss Grilled Cheese Surprise Delight. The surprise is that a naked waitress always delivers it.
41. What’s your favorite boy and girl name? Bud & Kathy.
43. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now? Kathy’s gonna call me to dinner soon, if that helps.
45. What were you doing yesterday at midnight? The same thing I know everyone wishes for…sleep. But hopefully you had a great Saturday night!! Join us next weekend. Contact us at bud.weiserATwtit.net. Check out our facebook page & like us. Or say, I’m glad he’s done this week.
Enjoy your weekend.
Like it or not.