Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. When was the most recent time that you felt that you were the last to know something important?About four years ago, my company decided to close our office and let go or force retirement of the office crew. The only impact that it had on me, a big one, is that I have since done all the banking for my customers. I had to end three affairs and received flowers from one of their husbands.
2. Have you ever had a good thing in your life that never ended? I do now. I even watched Titanic last night. When it was released I stop seeing a woman because of her insistence that we see it.
Harvey & I having a smoke in 1994.
3. Do you have any nasty habits?The worst were those nasty cigarettes. I have been tobacco free for over eight years.
4. What is something that you still do that you thought you’d outgrow? WTIT comes to mind. At first, some guys quit because they outgrew it and were embarrassed. Before more defections, we started having awesome parties. Guys begged to join WTIT. In high school we had eleven DJs at one point. WTIT normally had five DJs, but we’ve been at four since 2006.
5. Have you lost any of your dreams as time went by? I don’t think that you really lose dreams, they just change with age and circumstances.
6. As you’ve grown older, what ways are you still act and think the way you did as when you were younger? This fucking question would have been better had I actually use English to ask it. The answer to what was supposed to be the question is that my beliefs and interests have really never changed.
7. Is there a person in your life who still treats you as the same person your were when younger? Do you like it? Who cares? On a totally nonsensical item, we had our fantasy football draft on Wednesday night. My team plays my son-in-laws’ this coming week.
8. Have you let yourself go wild in any aspect of your life? Only at any opportunity that has come my way. Other than that, not much.
9. How do (or did) you parents feel about what you do for a living? They approve just about everything I do. They are in their late 80s and I’m glad that they will attend my wedding to Kathy next month. Happy Labor Day Weekend. We’ll return with Judd.
Enjoy your weekend. WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with Judd Corizan and His Labor Day Marching Band and Chowder Society! Join us for Sunday Stealing! Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my