Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. What do you think is the most unique thing about your generation? The Beatles, Woodstock, Vietnam, JFK and we didn’t start the fire.
2. Do you speak out as often as you should? Too often. Things tend to go smoother without my opinion.
3. How often are you tough and unreasonable? Only when dealing with other people or in some cases by myself.
4. Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success? No, but you can learn just as much. I think if you felt that you learned more with failure, you’d want to fail. I’m really not awake yet. I’m sharing this only because not only am I making not a lot of sense, but also I haven’t been the last bit funny. Plus, my shoulder hurts.
5. Do you feel that you always have to win? No. I just bought a new computer. I swore I’d never buy retail again. Best Buy ruined me for life. After I bought my last one there, they didn’t want to know me. WTIT could not record for over a year until Rock Rolling brought the latest in portable recording studios. When that computer from Best Buy died, I brought it to Staples. I was so impressed that when I decided replace the computer instead of fixing the old one, I bought it at Staples. They transferred everything, added my old hard drive to double the new computers capacity and have let me bring it in to add software and charged me nothing more. That was easy.
Johnnie & I, this month.
6. Do you think tradition matters? Yes. That’s why the guys still come over to record Tape Radio shows. I just started more transferring of tapes to digital. Today I’m listening to a recording of Johnnie Walker and I from 1998. We are complaining about our age. Shit we were young then. When we recorded two weeks ago, we complained then as well. I can’t wait to look back on that show and decide I was really young now.
7. Do you tend to root for the underdog? No. I rooted for Lassie. He/she was a real frontrunner. I wonder what ever happened to Timmy? I’ll look it up. Stay right here… Okay from lassieweb.org, “Jon Provost (Timmy Martin): Sells title insurance. He was recently remarried. He still makes appearances at charity events in connection with Lassie. Visit his website.” I went to the website. He signs pics of himself with Lassie that he will autograph for you.
He Even Takes Checks
8. Have you ever felt that you want to exceed your parents’ successes? I did in my thirties. I got off that merry-go-round in 1990 when my first marriage ended. Since then I have never been wealthy, but I am much happier. Oh, and you’re welcome for that Timmy update.
9. Of all the cartoon characters that you know of, which is most like you? WTFWTS. You never saw that abbreviation? It means, “What the fuck would Timmy Say.” For forty bucks, he’ll write that on a fucking picture for you. He takes checks if that helps at all.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and His
Hooters Cheering Squad!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my