Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. What do you think is the most unique thing about your generation? The Beatles, Woodstock, Vietnam, JFK and we didn’t start the fire.
2. Do you speak out as often as you should? Too often. Things tend to go smoother without my opinion.
3. How often are you tough and unreasonable? Only when dealing with other people or in some cases by myself.
4. Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success? No, but you can learn just as much. I think if you felt that you learned more with failure, you’d want to fail. I’m really not awake yet. I’m sharing this only because not only am I making not a lot of sense, but also I haven’t been the last bit funny. Plus, my shoulder hurts.
5. Do you feel that you always have to win? No. I just bought a new computer. I swore I’d never buy retail again. Best Buy ruined me for life. After I bought my last one there, they didn’t want to know me. WTIT could not record for over a year until Rock Rolling brought the latest in portable recording studios. When that computer from Best Buy died, I brought it to Staples. I was so impressed that when I decided replace the computer instead of fixing the old one, I bought it at Staples. They transferred everything, added my old hard drive to double the new computers capacity and have let me bring it in to add software and charged me nothing more. That was easy.
Johnnie & I, this month.
6. Do you think tradition matters? Yes. That’s why the guys still come over to record Tape Radio shows. I just started more transferring of tapes to digital. Today I’m listening to a recording of Johnnie Walker and I from 1998. We are complaining about our age. Shit we were young then. When we recorded two weeks ago, we complained then as well. I can’t wait to look back on that show and decide I was really young now.
7. Do you tend to root for the underdog? No. I rooted for Lassie. He/she was a real frontrunner. I wonder what ever happened to Timmy? I’ll look it up. Stay right here… Okay from lassieweb.org, “Jon Provost (Timmy Martin): Sells title insurance. He was recently remarried. He still makes appearances at charity events in connection with Lassie. Visit his website.” I went to the website. He signs pics of himself with Lassie that he will autograph for you.
He Even Takes Checks
8. Have you ever felt that you want to exceed your parents’ successes? I did in my thirties. I got off that merry-go-round in 1990 when my first marriage ended. Since then I have never been wealthy, but I am much happier. Oh, and you’re welcome for that Timmy update.
9. Of all the cartoon characters that you know of, which is most like you? WTFWTS. You never saw that abbreviation? It means, “What the fuck would Timmy Say.” For forty bucks, he’ll write that on a fucking picture for you. He takes checks if that helps at all.
Hi! I'm Bud. I was in a group of friends that starting in high school, record comedy using the premise that we were a radio station that you could only hear in our studio. I was on-air in radio and nightclubs for years. I spent 20 years in radio & TV and retired after 15 years selling liquor. Something in which I believe. I'm a terminally single guy. Not that I didn't like marriage. I tried it. Lots. But I do enjoy this blog. We try to be funny.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT (Why you would God only knows as Brian Wilson) said from his bedroom) visit WTIT.net. (View my
More on our facebook page. It's http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO.