Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Do you ever feel like you are nowhere? I have driven into the middle of nowhere. When you are lost, who knew nowhere can be so fucking huge?
2. Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you? Nope. Kathy would swear in court to this. Bud’s Law # 31: If you keep your head while everyone is losing theirs, then you don’t understand the problem.
3. Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life? From my experience, they tend to have a synergy between them. And believe me or not, I’m not speaking of the “marrying for money” syndrome. Your career gives you both the means and confidence that can impact your love life. Although in afterthought, a bottle of wine can do this better.
4. In what way do you feel that you are unique? How many other fuckers have a Tape Radio Studio off their den? When my daughter, 37 year old Heather, was asked how weird it was growing up with a radio studio off the rec-room, she stated, “I thought everybody’s dad did that.”
5. Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people? You hide something from everyone. If you think differently, you are either drunk or stoned. “Dude, my life’s an open book. Man, don’t bogart…”
6. Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over? Maybe for a week. Nope, I’m not that good. When a woman I was dating (The Dragon Lady) moved in, it lasted about 4 weeks. It was a total disaster. When I broke up with her she offered to go back to her home in Banister (her home down South) on Friday. I said, “If you leave this minute I’ll give you a hundred bucks for gas.” She was gone in an hour. BEST $100 I ever spent.
7. Would you say that you are a winner in this game of life? Yes. I have four great children, three best grandkids and a wonderful lady that I’m going to marry. I have a great job and we just bought our dream home. So naturally, I am depressed and in therapy.
Harvey Wallbanger&Bud in 2009 in the WTIT Studio.
8. Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy? In the early 90s, Harvey Wallbanger and I were roommates. We had to fish money from our couch to eat. Yet, we always had women and partied quite a lot.
9. Do you think staying celibate between relationships important? Bwahaha! Yes.
Hi! I'm Bud. I was in a group of friends that starting in high school, record comedy using the premise that we were a radio station that you could only hear in our studio. I was on-air in radio and nightclubs for years. I spent 20 years in radio & TV and retired after 15 years selling liquor. Something in which I believe. I'm a terminally single guy. Not that I didn't like marriage. I tried it. Lots. But I do enjoy this blog. We try to be funny.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT (Why you would God only knows as Brian Wilson) said from his bedroom) visit WTIT.net. (View my
More on our facebook page. It's http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO.