Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Do you ever feel like you are nowhere? I have driven into the middle of nowhere. When you are lost, who knew nowhere can be so fucking huge?
2. Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you? Nope. Kathy would swear in court to this. Bud’s Law # 31: If you keep your head while everyone is losing theirs, then you don’t understand the problem.
3. Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life? From my experience, they tend to have a synergy between them. And believe me or not, I’m not speaking of the “marrying for money” syndrome. Your career gives you both the means and confidence that can impact your love life. Although in afterthought, a bottle of wine can do this better.
4. In what way do you feel that you are unique? How many other fuckers have a Tape Radio Studio off their den? When my daughter, 37 year old Heather, was asked how weird it was growing up with a radio studio off the rec-room, she stated, “I thought everybody’s dad did that.”
5. Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people? You hide something from everyone. If you think differently, you are either drunk or stoned. “Dude, my life’s an open book. Man, don’t bogart…”
6. Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over? Maybe for a week. Nope, I’m not that good. When a woman I was dating (The Dragon Lady) moved in, it lasted about 4 weeks. It was a total disaster. When I broke up with her she offered to go back to her home in Banister (her home down South) on Friday. I said, “If you leave this minute I’ll give you a hundred bucks for gas.” She was gone in an hour. BEST $100 I ever spent.
7. Would you say that you are a winner in this game of life? Yes. I have four great children, three best grandkids and a wonderful lady that I’m going to marry. I have a great job and we just bought our dream home. So naturally, I am depressed and in therapy.
Harvey Wallbanger&Bud in 2009 in the WTIT Studio.
8. Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy? In the early 90s, Harvey Wallbanger and I were roommates. We had to fish money from our couch to eat. Yet, we always had women and partied quite a lot.
9. Do you think staying celibate between relationships important? Bwahaha! Yes.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we
still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys
that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and
have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape
Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of
friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the
era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The
Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having
kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my