Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Has something ever made you “see the light”? Age. It seems the older and wiser that you get, concepts that seemed quite complicated get more simple.
2. Do you believe you have any control over your luck? I don’t believe in luck on any level. Knock on wood.
3. What is something you have had difficulty rising above? My career in liquor sales has me calling on the strangest characters that I have ever met. Treating loons as though they make sense is a tad difficult. This week a new store manager at one particular store told me his vision forthe store. It was all painfully stupid, butt he was quoting the owner, who I never met, but hasn’t learned a thing since they opened three years ago. The manager said they had too much inventory. So, they won’t order even brands they are out of, until the category’s other brands sell. Can you imagine loving say, Beringer White Zin and being told they are current just selling Woodbridge?
4. Would you want to be rich? Unequivocally, yes.
5. Tell us about a current or old song that helps you “face the world.” I usually go for my Beatles’ playlist when I’m down.
Kathy & I with my 3rd granddaughter Zoey.
6. Has any dream of yours come true? I never expected to fall in love and buy a house again. Neither one. Yet, here I am. You can read countless posts on this blog stating I’d never marry again. The right woman changed everything.
7. What would you change if you became “the king or queen” of your country? I’d eliminate the upper 1% and provide healthcare, food for the hungry and homes for the homeless.
8. How do you feel about LGBT rights? (If you need to look up LGBT, then you probably need to learn more.) While we are moving in the right direction, we’ve got a very long way to go until there is true equality.
9. Have you ever been disappointed in yourself? Only in a work sense. In my life, I think I handle things rather well.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and His
Take the Fucking Statue Down Penn State Team.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my