Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Has something ever made you “see the light”? Age. It seems the older and wiser that you get, concepts that seemed quite complicated get more simple.
2. Do you believe you have any control over your luck? I don’t believe in luck on any level. Knock on wood.
3. What is something you have had difficulty rising above? My career in liquor sales has me calling on the strangest characters that I have ever met. Treating loons as though they make sense is a tad difficult. This week a new store manager at one particular store told me his vision forthe store. It was all painfully stupid, butt he was quoting the owner, who I never met, but hasn’t learned a thing since they opened three years ago. The manager said they had too much inventory. So, they won’t order even brands they are out of, until the category’s other brands sell. Can you imagine loving say, Beringer White Zin and being told they are current just selling Woodbridge?
4. Would you want to be rich? Unequivocally, yes.
5. Tell us about a current or old song that helps you “face the world.” I usually go for my Beatles’ playlist when I’m down.
Kathy & I with my 3rd granddaughter Zoey.
6. Has any dream of yours come true? I never expected to fall in love and buy a house again. Neither one. Yet, here I am. You can read countless posts on this blog stating I’d never marry again. The right woman changed everything.
7. What would you change if you became “the king or queen” of your country? I’d eliminate the upper 1% and provide healthcare, food for the hungry and homes for the homeless.
8. How do you feel about LGBT rights? (If you need to look up LGBT, then you probably need to learn more.) While we are moving in the right direction, we’ve got a very long way to go until there is true equality.
9. Have you ever been disappointed in yourself? Only in a work sense. In my life, I think I handle things rather well.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my