Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. What was the last pill your doctor prescribed? Why? Blogomiacin. He thinks it will help me come up with stupid questions for a meme. Wait till you read Sunday Stealing.
2. How well do you swim? Very well. I played the shark in Jaws.
3. Who has a big mouth that you like? Bill Maher. He is one of the funniest and dead on liberals in the country. But, he has a BIG mouth. It’s why he always winds up fired.
Oops, I did it again.
4. Do you believe in political correctness? I’ve put pics of a woman with three breasts on this blog. So, I guessing the answer is no.
5. Do you ever patronize people? Great question. So, yes.
6. Do you or someone you know strive constantly to be perfect? Yes. I divorced her.
7. What song are you totally sick of and why? I’m just sick of this fucking question. You can torture me, with Donnie & Marie, but please stop asking this. Yes I know I wrote it. Well, I stole it. But it was 3:30 AM when I realized I hadn’t published. So I stole these questions from another meme I used to author.
8. How old were you when you got cocky? Or did you never go there? I was born cocky.
9. When you compete with someone, have you ever gotten hostile? Not since kindergarten. Man, I think it’s time to stop this madness.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and His
Fancy Flannel Pants & Orchestra.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my