Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. What do you have planned for fun in the summertime? The usual. Dining with Sarah Jessica Parker and The Prez. What do you mean it was last night and I didn’t win?
2. Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed? Generally any of them.
3. Do you think that the U.S. and our present war(s) seem to just ignore our history? Of course, and it’s scary.
4. Have you ever conformed just to “fit in”? Yes. I do Saturday 9 so my blog buds will think I’m the best.
5. Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what will come next? I’m sorry, could you repeat the question? I was worrying about what was coming next.
6. Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others’ opinions of you seem stupid? No, but I think questions about it is.
7. In rock & roll history, what bands or artists do you think made the biggest impact? It’s a tie between Tiffany and Justin Beiber.
8. Who do you blame for the state of the economy? Why? Politicians. Because they are to blame.
9. Do you get upset and do you think you’re being lazy when you do nothing? No. Ask me to do something when I’m feeling lazy really pisses me off.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and
His June Bug Naked Ladies Marching Elite Trombonists.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my