Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. How was your self esteem growing up? I guess I was a bit insecure until I hit high school and we started WTIT. After that, I became the party master. When I was exiled to a boys school my junior year, everyone thought I’d not make any friends. After all, they’d been at that school together since seventh grade. As it worked out, they all wanted to join WTIT and be a friend. No it wasn’t my charm or the lure of Tape Radio, but rather it was sole based on one thing: I knew girls. Lots of them.
2. Do you ever have a hard time with morals? No. I’ve consistently ignored them.
3. Do you eat in bed? If yes, what? In my single days I’ve answered this question by saying, “Don’t you mean, ‘If yes, who?’” I still can’t beat that.
4. What was the last movie you hated and why? Kathy has this movie that was literally filmed in tobacco country in my town. We now live a mile from where it was shot. It starred Troy Donahue as a Casanova of sorts. His acting was dreadful. Every time he and some girl kissed, they literally lunged at each other. I’m convinced that he was gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that. It was call Parrish (after Donahue’s character) and it’s plot was non existent.
5. Have you ever felt that you lost it all? If yes, explain. Yes. In a period in thirteen month period I had to close my business of ten years, while my wife distanced herself emotionally from me. Had I not had four young kids, I would have left her earlier. Now she’s the only person on this planet that I hate. And I know “hate is a strong word”.
6. Have you ever been stalked? Just a couple of times. Once for a week or two as I was trying to decided between two women that I was seeing. One of them started following me. It ended when she confronted me. Since we were not in a committed relationship, I ended it there and she went away. So I guess she really doesn’t count. The weird part is that she’s a friend of my sisters, so I still see her from time to time. I introduced her to Kathy at my sister’s wedding. The other is a cyber stalker who I had a relationship with (we met from the blogosphere) over 5 years ago. Why she comes here to read my shit now is anybody’s guess. But it’s creepy and so is she. As much as I dislike her, I hope she meets somebody else that is more important than I was.
7. Do you believe in ‘self help’ for problems, or do you prefer therapy? I believe in Smirnoff, rock music, WTIT, The Beatles, friends, family and Kathy. That’s reality.
8. What celebrity do you think should make a run for office? No one should run. You just become part of the problem.
9. Do you believe in happy endings? (We do. That why this is the last question!) Only in memes. That’s it from Post 1770. Peace…
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and
His Memorial Weekend Naked Ladies Track Team.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my