Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. How do you feel when you realize that an impasse will cause a relationship (any type) to end? Terrific. Gee, we are off and crawling!
2. You’re planning a trip that would be an eight-hour car ride, a four-hour train ride, or a two-hour plane ride. With money and time being no object, which would you most likely choose and why? The car ride because I’m a sadomasochist.
3. What is your ideal past time on a lazy summers day? Besides the eight hour fucking car ride? I’m stumped.
4. Name a CD you own that no one else on your friends list does. Everything Changes by Julian Lennon. It’s am import CD that came out last year.
5. What’s a wish of yours? The damn election to be over so that (a) Mitt the Shit goes away. (b) The Republicans stop posturing and get something accomplished. (c) The Democrats stop posturing and get something accomplished.
6. What is something your going to do a lot of this week? Floss. I lead an extremely wild life.
7. Is there someone you wish would just fall off the face of this earth? The rich Republican talking heads who want to preach that everyone’s got a chance to be rich so that we raid public programs, women’s programs and educational programs so that they don’t have to pay their fair share of taxes.
8. What did you do last night? We went to a neighbors party. Our first friends in the new digs.
9. Where is the next place you’d like to go vacation? Oh Oh Mexico, I’ve never really been but I’d sure like to go. Or Liverpool. I’m rather flexible.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
with Judd Corizan and
His All Female Naked Horse Shoe Team.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my