Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
2. Last time you saw your high school best friend? My best friends in high school were WTIT DJs. Johnnie Walker I last saw in March when we had our first recording in my new house. Galloping Gary came to my 260th birthday bash that Lady Kathy threw for me. Gypsy Joe, I haven’t seen in 20 years, but we do chat on fb. Bouncing Billy, I haven’t spoke to since the 80s. (Foot note from the future: By 2013 Billy returned to WTIT and hasn’t missed a recording since. added 2 May 2015)
3. What do you do when you’re sad? Alcohol, you know, like most people.
4. What do you wear when you are relaxing around the house? A Beatles’ tee and sweat pants.
5. What did you do immediately after high school? Got drunk and slept with several of my girlfriends. Oh? You meant “like college”? Yes, I did that as well.
6. Is anyone on your bad side right now? Of course. You want the fucking list?
7. What’s the first thing you do when you get online? Go to Wikipedia and see what has been added. What a fucked up question. Yes, I know I write this fucking meme, but as I have confessed, I steal the questions. If I had to actually think up the questions, Sat-9 would have last two weeks.
8. What jewelry are you wearing? None. I haven’t worn jewelry since my most recent divorce in 1998. I have been told that after Kathy and I wed on October 20th, that will change.
9. Post a current song that you like. (Or name it and tell us why you like it.) After James McCartney recently said he’d like to record an album with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey, I made it a point to listen to them all. Sean’s not terrible, but it takes him about a year to write a song. Dhani’s band is called thenewno2 and are quite good. Their first CD is due out soon. Zak tours with The Who, so I don’t have an opinion their. James McCartney can’t sing. It’s painful. But, it got me listening to really the only successful Beatles’ son, Julian Lennon. His new CD just came out and once again he nailed it.