Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
|Dick and I at WDRC’s 50th Anniversary Party|
1. The Beach Boys are back together (everyone alive, Dennis and Carl have passed, including Brian) for the first time in 25 years. It’s their 50th Anniversary tour. Their new single is called, “That’s Why God made the Radio”. Did radio play a huge part of your growing up years? Yes. It’s why I decided to become a DJ at 10. I can still remember the line-up of DJs at WDRC. Ron Landry, Jim Nettleton, Long John Wade, Sandy Beach & Dick Robinson. Dick was my favorite and we became friends when I went into radio sales. As sales manager of alt rocker Radio 104.1, I hired his daughter.
|WTIT’s 2011 Pic|
2. What is something that you are disappointed about right now? This is a bit self indulgent, but I wish my job had a more creative aspect to it. But it pays great, I love my days and the hours are perfect. I’d like to record more with WTIT to get those juices flowing.
3. What are you really anticipating right now? My son Ben, wife Maria and granddaughter Zoey are coming over to see the house for the first time today.
4. When was the last time you watched your favorite movie? What is it? It’s Notting Hill with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. I think I watched it last when I started seeing Kathy. I am a a sucker for good romantic comedies. But please don’t tell anyone. The guys would kick me out of The Boys Club.
6. Who was the last person you hung up on? Some guy who said he wasn’t try to sell me anything as part of his sales pitch.
7. Does it bother you when meme makers separate questions that could’ve been combined? Writing memes sucks. I have a hard time criticizing anything. Look at how many have bit the dust. Since my memes mostly steal the questions, I’m not including what I do. I feel an obligation to publish. Whether I write ’em or steal them doesn’t matter to me.
8. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? I’m all about lions and I’m not lying. God, that was pathetic.
9. What is the food you always buy at the grocery store that you can’t live without? Diet Coke.