Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play meme with Judd and the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this off a blogger named Silly Dreamer from the blog, My Semi Charmed Kind of Life. We will do it in two parts. Silly does not say where it is from. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Let’s go!
2. Never in my life have I not collected my $200. Fuck that “do not pass ‘GO’” shit!
|This is the only pic we have from 1967.|
4. High school was when WTIT was born. Galloping Gary, Bouncing Billy and I started Tape Radio and within a year we had nearly a dozen WTIT DJs. I was 15 on my first recording.
5. I will never forget to remember what’s-her-name.
6. Once I met Bonnie Raitt. I kissed her. My wife (of that time) got pissed because it lasted so long. I told her she’d get over it. You know I never asked if she did. But since that was 30 years ago, and we’ve no spoke in ten, fuck it.
10. Last night I watched the Yanks come back from a 9-0 deficit to crush the Red Sox 15-9.
13. When I turn my head right I see a poster taken of WTIT’s 20th Anniversary Party. It’s 25 years old.
16. You know I’m lying when I talk about the French twins. I have said their names are Bridget and Monique. Their names are really Michelle and Mabelle. Mabelle was named after an American phone company of the last century.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is weekly WTIT recording sessions, Huey Lewis and being in my 30s.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be the one who says, “and…I…die…”. One of our first comedy movie spoofs was Romeo & Juliet. So, anytime a character has died in the last 40 plus years, he states, “and…I…die…”
19. By this time next year I will own a blog one year older.
20. A better name for me would be Mike Hunt. Not that this is at all funny forty years later, but it is the 38th anniversary of WTIT’s first Mike Hunt joke.
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace & love, friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.