Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1.When was the last time that you went out dancing? Kathy and I have only danced at social events. The last time I went out on a “dancing date” was with the woman I was seeing before Kathy.
2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?Plenty. The one that comes to mind was with my oldest daughter’s (Heather) music teacher during her junior year. She had a straight A semester but missed high honors because the music teacher gave her a “C”. I let that fucker have it. She was even named to an elite orchestra. He explained that he needed to get her attention on some issue. I told him if he did that shit again, I’d pull her from orchestra and the elite orchestra. She got A’s until she graduated after that.
3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names? At first I think we all do. I make a point of associating the person
with an idea. So I said to the woman with a glass eye named, Crystal was her name. Or the woman the diarrhea, Flo was her name.
4. Would you rather change your past or know your future? Change the past. Marriages come to mind.
5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends? Meet Jill Hennessy.
6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance?All my cards have shit charged on them, but I pay them in full always. So, by how I think this question is met, all of them have zero balances.
7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year? I think the fucking house Kathy and I bought wins.
8. If you’re married, this probably doesn’t apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not?This may be the biggest non question in the history of memes. Was I mindful? Yes I was mindful. Did I get tested? Well, you really didn’t ask that.
9.If you could ask the president of the United States one question,what would it be? When are going to ignore the Republicans, end our wars and keep your campaign promises?
We’re glad that you stopped by. Enjoy your weekend. WTIT: The Blogwill return tomorrow with Judd Corizan His Naked Female Ping Pong Team. Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my