My Year Off. She added questions and credited a few tags. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Let’s go!
1. Are you in a job that you truly enjoy? It suits me well. Selling alcohol to liquor stores is helping to save humanity. Or at least our collective sanity.
2. If you could be a character in a novel who would you be? I cannot remember reading a novel since college, so I’ll say a god from any book of your choice. I do His work in my job, now don’t I?
3. If you could do any job in the world what would it be? I’d be doing my radio morning show. I had a good run, but it could have been better. But most importantly, I did it.
4. When it comes to spending time with those you love, do you think it should be about quality or quantity? This is WAY too Dr. Phil for me. Other than your partner, it has to be about quality, unless your kids haven’t left yet. Fucking stupid question and I author this fucking site. I know, I suck. But, hey an awful lot of memes have come and gone since we started Saturday 9 and Stealing. We are nothing if not committed. We are considering bring back one weekday meme. But we have not decided which one.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world or out of this world where would you live? I gotta read these fucking questions before I publish the sucker. “Out of this world”? Really? How stoned do you need to be to think like that?
8. Which skill would you like to learn? I’d love to learn the guitar. Although if you had heard me sing, you’d rather I didn’t.
9. What made you laugh today? Yesterday (since I just got up) it was at my granddaughter’s christening, when Kathy just got up in church (prior to the ceremony) and introduced herself to my first wife. It was hysterical since I had no idea it was about to happen.
11. What is your sign and do you believe in horoscopes etc? Scorpio and not in the fucking slightest. It would mean every 12th person is going to have the same day.
13. If you could change one thing about your life thus far, what would it be? The aforementioned first wife comes to mind.
14. Should smoking be legal? Only pot. Tobacco I would raise the legal age until it got to be eighty. And don’t get me wrong. I quit in 2004 and am now an obnoxious ex-smoker. But I remember all the reasons that I loved it. But when they had to put stints in my heart, I realized that perhaps I had made a bad choice.
16. Why do you blog? Because obviously I think all I that enters my mind and publish is very important. Blogging is about narcissism. It makes us feel important. Take Sunday Stealing. It blows my mind that we’ve had thousands of players over the years. We have 450 followers. The interesting thing is how nice the players are. Once we asked them to cheer up the writer of a blog who suffered a brain injury. A ton of our readers did, prompting a nice thank you from his wife. I still read that facebook page to see how he’s doing. But, it still comes down to entitlement and feeling important. And on a related note, what ever happened to Thom?
17. Do you have a favorite author? No. I do not read much (other than newspapers) and when I do it is nonfiction. My favorites in my youth were Harold Robbins for trash and Kurt Vonnegut for his mind.
18. Can you play any musical instruments? A very little piano. Come to my next concert.
19. What would your ideal car be? My 1987 Lincoln Mark VII was my favorite car. The identical model was used by James Bond that year. They call the model MRX now. I’d love to afford another one, but with the miles I put on it, it would make no sense. And I really love my Malibu.
21. What do you look for in a spouse/other
half? Laughter, beauty, friendship and loyalty.
22. Worst meal you’ve had? Kathy and I tried a new (to us) seafood restaurant in town. The whole belly clams were so bad I sent them back. The next dish, a lobster roll, was even worse. It was SO bad that we nearly called the health department. Yuk. Oh, and an added bonus, I got sick when I got home.
23. What do you do to relax in the evening? Wanna see the video?
|Son Ben, Zoey and sis Diane|
24. Do you get along with your siblings? Yes. I have a brother and sister from my parents marriage and a brother and sister from my dad’s brief second marriage. I work for the company that is the 7th largest wholesalers of alcohol in the country. My brother is President of sales. My sister Diane and I are
extremely close. After my first marriage ended she really was there for my kids and I. She is getting married (for the first time) in two weeks. Kathy and I sat with her and her fiancee at the Christening, yesterday.
25. Do you have any regrets? I’m 260 years old. So, I’ve got a ton of them. The biggest is getting married young and not putting my career ahead of that woman. But, I’ve had a great life
overall, and have a woman that I cannot love more, a terrific job, and a new house. I’m a happy guy. Pass the Smirnoff around. Cheers!
That’s it for today on
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace & love, friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.