Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme calledSaturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. How much do you worry about your future? Since this is the year that the Mayan Calendar says we’re all toast, why bother?
2. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?Superman. Because he never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy, and
sometimes I despair the world will never see another man like him.
Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Growing old with Kathy. Although, Kathy seems forever young. So we may never even notice it.
4. What’s the greatest extent you’ve gone to help a friend in need? Probably lending a large sum of money to a close friend. I lent it and never expected it to be paid back. Five or six years later he received a large amount of money and flew into town to visit me. He paid me back in full.
5. What did you do lately that was really brave? I quoted the Crash Test Dummies in a response to a lame meme question.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn’t let yourself do. Get married while I was still a child. But, I do have four terrific kids from the mishap.
7. Who is the wisest person you know? My dad. He can really listen to a problem and have great clarity in his opinion.
8. What’s the most tasteless joke you’ve ever heard? I think the Challenger jokes were really rough.
Q: What were Christa McAuliffe’s last words?
A: “What’s this button do?”
But I still laughed. I think it’s how we cope with unspeakable tragedy.
9. What does your answering machine / voice mail message say? “Don’t fucking ever call here again. Have a nice day.”
We’re glad that you stopped by.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blogwill return tomorrow with Judd Corizan and His Rush Limbaugh Should Be Shot Choir. Join us for Sunday Stealing! Same time. Same blog.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we
still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys
that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and
have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape
Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of
friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the
era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The
Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having
kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my