Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play meme with Judd and the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this off a blogger named Becky and her
blog Am I Half Dead or Am I Doing Fine. She doesn’t say where she stole it. But, it was
probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Let’s go!
Sunday Stealing: The 2011 Year End Meme
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I am very proud of the charity work I have done. You might think getting people to donate so that women can have breast implants is easy work, but it isn’t. Shouldn’t the poor woman have the same rights as the richer ones for breast augmentation? I aided Our Sisters of the Tiny Breasts all I could.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No & no. I don’t do resolutions because I am perfect as I am.
|Zoey and Santa from the newspaper.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My son Ben and his wife Maria gave birth to their first child. My granddaughter Zoey was born in June. It’s their first and my third granddaughter.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, but Kathy’s dad passed in March. It hit her extremely hard.
5. What countries did you visit? Do country fairs count?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A nice house. It should come this month. It will give WTIT its nicest studio in years. In fact, it may be the best yet.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Just with Kathy. Once you’re engaged, dating others can be considered a tad tacky.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think surviving it was the greatest.
9. What was your biggest failure? I did not win Powerball. It might have something to do with never buying lottery tickets. There may be a cause and effect going on there.
10. What was the best thing you bought? The new WTIT mixing board. We had not even had the ability to record a session in over a year. Harvey Wallbanger and I christened it in November.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Kathy’s. You may find this hard to believe, but I am not a day at the beach to be with.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? The Congress. Or more precise, the Republican’s behavior. They are under the misguided impression that if they hold the country hostage, blame everything on Obama, that the country would elect one of their bozos running for the Republican nomination for president.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011? Fuck You by Cee Lo Green. Not only a perfect Motown revival sound, but a great message as well.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? This is a tough one. I generally do most things to the extreme.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Getting a hangover. Today’s is a fucking dozey.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011? No, because I fell in love with Kathy on 2010.
17. What was your favorite new TV program? Rizzoli & Isles. It is a total rip of Crossing Jordan. It’s set in Boston and uses very similar Irish music for its theme. While it’s not just about the medical examiner (Although Isles is one) Rizzoli is a detective. Here’s the real weird past. Angie Harmon plays Rizzoli and was in Law and Order after Jill Hennessy (who played Jordan). That all said, it’s my favorite. A VERY close second is American Horror Story. It’s Kathy’s fave, and we’re both really into it.
18. What was the best book you read? People still read books? Gees, who knew?
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Giving up my bachelor ways. Don’t get me wrong I miss those threesomes, but when you find the right person, one is plenty.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? It’s no longer bleak. But close.
21. What kept you sane? I know when to say no. Some ideas sound great at the conception, but upon further review are incredibly stupid.
22. Who did you miss? Miss September 1973. Where is that damn magazine?
23. Who was the best new person you met? I got nothing here. Talk amongst yourselves.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011? That writing this blog should be treated a lot lighter. I used to publish it 6 days a week every week. Now other than Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing, I just publish when I’m in the mood.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “A long December and there’s reason to believe maybe this year will be better than last.”
That’s it for today on
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.