Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Over all, how do you feel about what happened in your life in 2011? It was a mixed bag, but aren’t most years? Medically, it sucked moose. Two operations, another five days in the hospital with something not related, was pure joy. We even had to celebrate Kathy’s birthday in the hospital. On the other side, getting engaged and finding our dream house was as good as it gets. (Sorry, Allison.)
2. Do you do New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they this year? No. I think that you are better off picking a meaningful date (for you) to change or start something. Doing it so arbitrary usually produces zero results. Or is that just me?
|From our 1970 photo shoot.|
3. In the past 24 hours, I have reconnected with 3 old friends that I’ve not spoken to in years. If you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why? It probably would be a former friend who was a WTIT DJ. While someone may have left my life in say 1974, between their photos on the wall of yearly WTIT pictures or on a comedy bit I listen to, the seem still in my life. I miss the person they were, so I probably would not feel the same if a person were to appear after all these years anyway.
4. Do you have anything that you would have not done or done differently in 2011 as you look back? I would not have introduced Kathy to the French twins. While she really loved the ladies, she still thought my visits there weren’t a great idea. Go figure.
5. Going back to my ex-friends that I reconnected with, one of them ended over a boyfriend. She called to apologize. Do you have someone that you fell out with you and wonder how they are? No. If I have “falling out”, it was about something important. So, I do not wonder or care in the slightest “how they are”.
6. If you had a chance to reconnect with an ex (say for coffee), who would it be, and why? Answering this question would almost be a good idea. Tempting, but no.
7. One of resolutions is about weight-loss. Have you ever struggled with your diet? I think the struggle with weight is rather universal. Although the weirdest thing that I ever went through was in 2003 when I had a staph infection. I lost so much weight that I was the same weight that I was in high school. I had to drink milk shakes (or frappes depending on where you live) twice a day, not to gain weight, but to stop the loss. If I were to do the same diet today, I’d weigh 400 pounds.
9. What are your plans for (New Year’s Eve) tonight? Kathy and I have nice quiet, romantic evening planned. I’ll post the video. Wait, Kathy’s yelling something. Oops, my bad. No video. Enjoy your New Year. We’re back in 2012. We’re back with Stealing.
We’re glad that you stopped by.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
Judd Corizan and his Band
ringing in the New Year with Kenny G.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!