Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. There’s a Time Genie. She can put you back in time to relive a day that you loved. If you could turn back the hands of time, what day would you relive if given this opportunity? There are so many to choose from! Which means at 260, I’m getting old. I’d love a night at the Dialtone. It was a disco where I originally met Kathy. Also, a day recording a WTIT session with the original WTIT DJs would be great. This pic was taken at my 260th birthday party and it includes three of the original five. (A fourth, Killer Joe, was supposed to attend and got very sick. I hadn’t seen him in twenty years.) Left to right in the photo are original DJs Johnnie Walker, Galloping Gary and Bud Weiser. Next to Bud is Harvey Wallbanger who joined us in 1993 and The Cosmic Commando who recorded with WTIT from 1985 to 1997. He and Johnnie were at my 230th and 250th parties also.
3. You’ve been given 3 parachutes, but there are 4 people who need them. Who will you not give one to: Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, Kim Kardashian, or Simon Cowell? Why? I hate the bigot that we found Mel to be, Kim is very annoying, I find Simon amusing and Charlie is one talented SOB who is very ill. Bye-bye, Mel. There really was a Holocaust.
4. Where are you going and where have you been? I am going to ride out into the sunset with my lady Kathy. We’ll have a drink in our hands and cranking rock tunes. Where I’ve been is with family and friends. The only true constant is WTIT. We started recording in 1967 and our last session was a week or two ago.
5. They say that books read as a child make more of an impact on a person than books read at any other time in life. Are there any books that you particularly loved, that shaped the way you think when you were little? No. Sorry!
6. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? Besides the holiday ride, I’m looking forward to returning to work on Thursday, finding the house with Kathy and continued good health.
7. What was the last text message you received? Words on my fucking cell phone.
8. Do you prefer to call or text? It depends on the purpose. Quick questions are SO much easier with a text.
9. What were you doing at 9PM last night? Watching American Horror Story with Kathy. Spoiler alert: The butler did it. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow
withJudd Corizan and his Band
joinedby The American Horror Show Cast & Chorus!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!