1) If you’re reading this, the world has not ended as Harold Camping has predicted. After a previous failed prediction of the rapture earlier this year, Camping said the world would end on Oct. 21, 2011. If you did know when the world was ending, what is something you’d like to accomplish before its final day? “Calling Paris! Come in London! Come in New York! Hello Rio! The bad news is the world is ending. The good news is there’s a party. But you better get here quick!” Jimmy Buffett. I think that covers it.
2) A judge ordered actress Lindsay Lohan to do community service at a morgue, mostly doing janitorial work including cleaning and
stocking restrooms, mopping floors and washing sheets that the facility uses. What do you think would be the worst part of working in a morgue? Everything. Unless it’s Jill Hennessy’s morgue. In that event the response would be nothing.
3) In honor of today (Oct. 21) being Reptile Awareness Day… Do snakes and/or other reptiles scare you? Your knowledge of “awareness” days is getting a tad creepy.
4) Next Friday, In Time will open in theaters across the U.S. featuring a society in which time has become the currency. In its trailer, a cup of coffee costs you 4 minutes of your life. Do you think your eating/drinking habits would change if you learned how many minutes an item was shaving off your life? Of course. It’s why I haven’t had “one of those nasty cigarettes” (Collin Hayes. Beautiful Day) since 2004.
5) Maxim magazine just introduced me to the website Work Poop, on which you can calculate how much of your paycheck goes down the office toilet. (Click here to test it out.) Had you ever wondered how much money you make while using the restroom at work? Really? Can I get some of whatever you’re obviously on?
7) Tomorrow (Oct. 22) is Cap Locks Day. Does it bother you when people type in all CAPS? Yes. I think it’s all rather self indulgent. Although Dixie Chick does it and she’s in my blog roll.
8) Tomorrow is also National Nut Day. Do you prefer crunchy or creamy peanut butter? This isn’t Jennifer’s fault but Monday Mayhem was all about peanut butter. I really am done with the subject if it’s all the same to you. We’re back with Crazy Sam. Join us.