1) With today (Oct. 20) being “Shampoo Day,” I’m curious… Do you actually “rinse and repeat” or just rinse without repeating? We are off and crawling at the start of today’s post. Now let’s face it. Jennifer (the meme’s author) is writing 24 questions a week. I honestly thought she’d have quit after two weeks. Instead, she’s only missed a couple of editions. The only memes that I know have never missed an edition or “taken a break” are Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing. Oh, right. Back to the question: I don’t repeat till the next day.
2) The 2011 World Series kicked off Wednesday with the St. Louis Cardinals beating the Texas Rangers. If you went a baseball game today, what would you buy from the concession stands? A drink. The first time that my son and I went to the new Yankee Stadium, I had a Ketel One and my son a Tanqueray.
3) October is National Squirrel Awareness Month. Do you find squirrels to be cute animals, annoying pests, or something in between? Why is their a squirrel awareness month? I mean don’t we have more important things that we should be aware of? I’ll give an example. Our Sisters of the Tiny Breasts. They take donations to allow poor women to get implants, too. Fuck the squirrels.
4) On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw “Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle” being displayed on a road sign? Seriously? I’d fucking get out for a stroll. What could go wrong?
5) Researchers from University College London has published the results of a study on Facebook’s effect on the brain. They say the size of some parts of the brain correlate to how many friends people have on Facebook. How do you feel about the effect of today’s social media on your brain? I thought you had to make this up. But I did read the reports. Since they don’t know what this means, how could I? I think facebook and blogs are today’s crossword puzzles.
6) The authors of that study also said that the people studied with the biggest Facebook friends list tended to have the most “real world” friends. How does the amount of your “real world” friends compare to the friends you have solely over the Internet? It is easier to be friends online. You never have to get together. You can ignore all of them by simply not posting (if a blogger) or a status update (on twitter or facebook).
7) For her Fall 2012 clothing line, Vera Wang has created a bunch of black wedding dresses. What would you think if you went to a wedding and the bride surprised everyone by wearing a fully black dress? I’d applaud it. My sister recently became engaged. She was going to save for a year to have the most extravagant wedding ever. It’s her first. Her fiance has been married before. I suggested she was being way over the top for one day. I suggested a large party at her home (She’s had a wedding there before.) She called me the next day to thank me. She’s gonna save the money for a trip to Europe. A bet the wedding will rock.
8) My fiance and I had to remove two dead mice from behind my couch this week. Talk about a disgusting stench. What has been the worst odor you remember smelling recently? What no funeral for Mickey and Minnie?