1) MTV is holding an open casting call for its show “The Real World” today at an Oklahoma City Hooters. Have you ever tried out or would you ever try out for a reality TV show? My first reaction was, “Man, no fucking way.” But since I only watch Idol and now X-Factor, I’m not a fan of the genre. But, I guess you should never say never.
2) When was the last time you lost your temper in public? What set you off? Shit, I haven’t a clue. I am pretty even tempered. One of my bosses was screaming at me for something that was essentially none of his business. I took the heat and emailed him privately later. My losing it with him so furious didn’t seem appropriate.
3) Everyone around me is talking about getting flu shots and saying I should get one, which I refuse to get one. Do you get flu shots each year? Last year was to first ever. Since, I (knock, knock) haven’t had the flu in years I’m not in a hurry, but will probably do it.
4) Today (Oct. 19) is Hagfish Day. Hagfish are believed to be one of the world’s ugliest living creatures. What is another animal you think is really ugly? Those hairless cats are right up there.
5) Spike TV held its annual Scream Awards last weekend giving the Harry Potter movie series its “Ultimate Scream” prize. What was the last movie that made you want to scream? Debbie Does Dallas 26. It was nowhere near the artistic perfection of the first 25.
6) Today is Evaluate Your Life Day. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best it could be and 1 being horrible, what would you rate your life at this moment? A 9. I have a great job that made my current medical leave as good as it gets. I have close friends. My family is active in my life. While my older two grandkids live in Jersey some three hours away, they are actively in my live. My nine year old scored her first goal in soccer she texted me. I told her how proud I was of my Angel. She texted back, Grampie I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I my seam a bit callous or removed on The Blog, but that really got me. My GF is my life partner. My medical situation is the only reason that I didn’t give it a “10”.
7) Last week, the CW angered many fans of its show “The Secret Circle” and of the book series the show is based on by killing off one of the main characters only five episodes into the series. Have you ever gotten angry (or sad) over the death of a fictional character? The four that really stuck with me are (In no particular order) Colonel Henry Blake, M*A*S*H. Edith Bunker, Archie’s Place. Dr. Mark Green, ER. And Clair Kincaid (Jill Hennessy) on Law & Order.
8) Walmart recently announced that it is bringing its layaway program back for the holiday season. Will you be placing any gifts on layaway this year (at Walmart or any other store that has layaway)? Paying before I buy? Holy shit no. It’s paid enough to pay when you buy.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog.