Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play meme with Judd and the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this a blogger and blog called Highway Girl. We will do the forty question in two parts. She states that she shamelessly stolen from Rappy. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Let’s go!
21) Have you ever flown a kite? I’ve raised four kids. Do the math. So, yes. But it never held much appeal to me or for that matter my kids. “Can we can go home and play video games, pleeeeze?” Of course, in those days it was Atari. I know, it’s been awhile.
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? Nope. I wish on the ones that stay in.
23) Do you consider yourself successful? Yes. After all, I’m the author of the most widely read Tape Radio blog in the blogosphere!
24) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call? Yes, I wrote this stupid question. The original was “How many people are on your cell’s contact list?” Who the fuck cares about that. This question will likely piss off a lot off Stealing’s 30 something moms. I love throwing this shit in every now and then. Sometimes you’ll get a lot of interesting responses. It tends to shake things up. I can’t wait till Harriet blasts me for it!
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? Yep, my mom still has pictures of my brother and I riding one.
26) Plans for tomorrow? I’m taking a hayride to watch Kathy pick some fucking apples. I know. You’re all SO jealous. Although, we gotta be done before the Patriot’s game. I still do have my priorities straight.
27) Can you juggle? Women? I’ve been known to. I told Kathy a true story about my junior prom. We went to an all night party (meaning parents not home and plenty of bedrooms) and we all were going to the beach
the next day. My date needed to pick something up at her house. Apparently her very strict Catholic parents didn’t know about the overnight thang. So she was allowed only to come out and tell us all to leave. So now there’s four couples and me. My friend Ken asked what I wanted to do. I said, “Get me to a pay phone.” I called another girl I was dating and she was completely ready when we got to her house. Ken’s girlfriend said, “How do you get away with this shit?” I thought for a second and said, “It’s a gift.” She retorted, “But what if they all find about each other?” I looked at her and stated, “’Cause they already know about each other. As I said, it’s a gift.”
28) Missing someone now? Yes. Kathy left after I took her out to breakfast to do laundry. Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone. But she’ll be back by dinner time. It’s rather weird to go from living together to not, but when we got back together we are making it work. But my guess is that when our leases expire that we’ll buy a house. Apartments are awfully small for two people.
29) When was the last time you told someone “I love you”? That would be when Kathy departed.
30) And truly meant it? I have never told anyone that I loved them if I didn’t. Life is a minefield. Adding to the mess is not my style.
31) How often do you drink alcohol? Only in states of emergencies. Fortunately my life is in a constant state of emergency.
32) How are you feeling today? I’m hanging in. I’m dealing with rather severe pain issues. I was suppose to have a round of steroid and Novocain shots yesterday. But a screw up (not telling me to stay off a certain medication for a week) postponed them for a week. Fortunately I’m on vacation. It’s very hard to work in the pain I’m in. And even the massive amount of painkillers that I’m on only work when I’m not.
|From the original Stealing header.|
33) Have you every tried to write a meme? You think? It’s harder than you think which is why I steal the questions. Although truth be told, I can’t remember the last time that I didn’t edit out and rewrite questions.
34) Have you ever been fired from a job? Of course. In radio they’d say that if you hadn’t been fired you hadn’t been in radio long.
35) What are you looking forward to? I have one of those milestone birthdays coming up. Kathy is planning a party. I had a similar one a decade ago and had a blast.
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? I pushed a woman through one once. She was the gorgeous friend of my friend Jenna named Inga. I didn’t know her at all. We were introduced at the club Jenna had decided we’d try out. Inga could have had no interest in me. But she was fun to talk to until, of course, every guy in the place asked her to dance. Everyone but me. I read people rather well. Jenna ended up asking me to drop Inga home so she wouldn’t have to drive out of her way. When Inga and I got to her home, she was locked out of her condo. Crawling in an open window was tough because they were so high that Inga literally had to stand on my shoulders to get in. I heard this crash as she landed into a sink of dirty dishes. I realized that she forgot her purse so I reached up to hand it to her and she insisted that she thanked me with a nightcap. We spent everyday after that night together for six weeks. Then “poof” we were done. I have called it my “shooting star” relationship. Shit, that was eighteen years ago.
38) Can you handle the truth? Nope. Lie to me.
39) Whose to blame for what’s going on? Politicians.
40) What will it take to fix it all up? Ending the wars and get the two parties talking civilly again. We truly need a third party. Where’s Ross Perot when you need him?
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.