Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Where will you be and doing this Tuesday afternoon? The Connecticut Cupcakes of The National Association of Naked Womens Volleyball have a playoff game. They’re going to have their hands full. Bertha Bust of the North Carolina Tarheads is all she’s cracked up to be. GO CUPCAKES!
2. Do you belong to any group(s)? Just WTIT. I was fortunate enough to be one of the five original WTIT DJs. The first three were Galloping Gary, Bouncing Billy and I. We went through a ton of others before Johnnie Walker and Killer Joe completed our first lineup in year two. Johnnie and I are the only two of that group left. But thanks to facebook, I’m in touch with both Gary and Joe on a regular basis. I don’t think I’ve spoke to Bouncing Billy since the late 80s. Gary was with us for 15 years leaving in 1982. Billy’s last show was in 1985. Joe stayed seven years, departing in 1974 as he became a PGA caddy. I have always hoped that the original group would get back together for one last tape all together. But it will never happen. And I am so pleased that we still record with the present group here 44 years later.
|At the Dialtone Disco Dome in 1975|
3. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation? (If the answer is “it depends,” on what does it depend?) I sincerely enjoy people and performing in front of them. After all I was a Disco DJ during disco’s height. My GF was a fan and contacted me 35 years later to see what became of me. I wonder what I’m doing these days myself.
4. Is there a role you naturally put yourself while adapting when in group situations? I tend to take charge. I usually use American Express.
5. In business or formal situations, do you mind hugs or are you offended if it goes past a handshake? It can go anywhere from a handshake to a blowjob. I’ve seen it all. It’s all good.
6. Do you find what we’d call “ice breakers” a playful way to build community in a lighthearted manner, or a complete and utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness? I’m pretty good at icebreakers. Although I pity Kathy. She’s heard all my icebreakers and still pretends that they’re funny. I’m sure that on her insides, she’d rather I tone it down. But then I wouldn’t be the Budman.
7. What word do you use far too frequently? Fucking. Even Google thinks so. It’s how I got my fucking warning.
9. What word do you use when swearing is not appropriate? I’m partial to “freakin’”. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band
Playing Polka Hits of the 1950s!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.