Harriet’s Mission Statement: Today’s edition is all about Labor. Simply answer the questions and have fun.
1. In your opinion, what does Labor Day mean to you? It used to mean sex, drugs and rock and roll. Today I will work. The liquor business is god’s work. Does God take a day of rest? So why should I? Whoa. God does take a day? Really? God and I don’t talk much these days.
2. How much was the minimum wage when you got your first job? $1.60 an hour.
|As a desk clerk at a hotel.|
3. What was your first job- as in real actual employee- job? I worked several jobs at one of my dad’s hotels.
4. What was the best job that you ever had? The three years that I DJ’d at the Dialtone Disco Dome. It was the time I was a huge fish in a small pond. People would come up to me at restaurants to say how much they enjoyed my shows. I had artistic freedom and an abundance of women after me. While I don’t remember the night, but it is how I met Kathy.
5. What was the worst job that you ever had? Selling life insurance. Trust me, there were no groupies there. I lasted two weeks.
7. Who has the best job ever? Ryan Seacrest. He has a morning show and Idol. Back in the day, it’s what I should have aspired to do.
8. How do you usually celebrate Labor Day (or whatever holiday your location may have that is devoted to workers)? After I work, Kathy and I will be off to the Woodstock Fair where we will see The Guess Who. Although since neither Randy Bachman or Burtin Cummings are still in the band, it will be more of watching a tribute band.