Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Has anyone ever intentionally ripped you off? Or perhaps unintentionally? How about ripping you off through stupidity? When I bought my first house, it had been owned by an old lady and hadn’t been updated in 30 years. I put out to bid the job of stripping the wallpaper putting up the new paper and painting the trim and ceilings. The bids I got were from $800 to $2000. My father-in-law warned me about taking the lowest bid, but of course I ignored him. After all he was as old as the fucking wallpaper. Which, now as I think of it, he was my current age. So, he was still REALLY young. Anyway, the low bidder stripped the paper and painted the trim and ceiling. It took him three times longer than he had planned. So he tried to renegotiate, and I told him to fuck himself. He walked off. A couple of days later, he put a bill for $3600 in my mail box. (He apparently hadn’t factored in postage either.) I called him and asked what he was smoking. He said that his $800 price was for the complete job, but because he walked out before the complete job, he could change his prices. He took me to small claims court. When he explained that logic to the judge, the judge almost pissed in her pants laughing. The judge ruled that I owed him nothing. Now with all that work done, the highest bidder put the paper up for $500. My father-in-law told me I was “damn lucky”. I told him that I had it planned all along.
2. When was the last time that you made a quip that fell completely flat and embarrassed you? I made a mistake by calling something stupid at a meeting with my divisional VP today. I said it to another sales rep. The VP took it as calling him stupid. It went pretty much downhill from there.
|Our favorite WTIT DJ photo.|
3. When you go to sleep, does it you need to be absolutely quiet or do you need a little noise (radio, TV, music or white)? I listen to WTIT comedy bits as I drift. It started during the break-up of my first marriage and I still do it today. When I listen to my friends and I clown around, I have no cares. I just drift off.
4. Do you have a memorable “ripped clothing” moment in your life? No? How about in someone else’s? (Come on, you know you have something to contribute!) I had a date once ask me if I was going to undo my belt buckle or did she have to rip off my pants. You try and guess my choice.
5. What’s changed on your blog since its inception? …a redo? …a change of pace? …or is it still business as usual? When the WTIT Blog started, I worked very hard at it. I did tons of original features. Yet, the only big response I got was from these stupid memes. I fought becoming a “meme blog”, but lost. Give the people what they want.
6. Can you remember where you were in life ten years ago? If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be? Not a thing. I had made all my major mishaps before then.
7 Okay, let’s have it! What’s the craziest, most impulsive thing you’ve ever done? Probably having sex with two sisters during the same time period. One knew about the other. I think I did it to see how long I’d get away with it. I did get caught, but it took a while.
8. If you were having a bad day what or who would you turn to for comfort? Kathy generally handles my stupidity.
9. According to the song White Rabbit, “one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small”. If you were offered these pills today, which pill would you take and where would it take you? It depends on what part gets larger or smaller. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band
Singing the Hits from
The Civil War Era!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!