Harriet’s Mission Statement: Simply answer the random questions.
1. What is your favorite day of the week? Hump Day. When it falls on a Saturday.
2. What kind of restrictions should there be on wearing Speedo swimsuits? You can’t be bigger than a 32 inch waist.
3. You know how there are the so called “fashion police”? What kind of police would you like to be part of and why? Tea Bagger Police. I’d just round them up and lock them away.
4. Have you seen any good movies this summer? Which one(s)? None. But Kathy and I plan to see the Planet of the Apes prequel this week.
5. What is your best comeback for a totally self-absorbed narcissistic individual? I tend to just exit the room. I usually say “I hear my mom calling. Gotta run…”
6. What restaurant meal should we stay far away from?The Golden Shower restaurant. Trully a brilliant name.
7. What brand of toilet paper do you highly recommend? Really? We didn’t need to go there.
That’s a wrap on WTIT: The Blog for a Monday.
We will return again.
Unless we don’t.
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my