Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing? Yes. But it was long ago. Now I know that you must always live in the present. Although I do get a kick out of calling old lovers and catching up. Most are always so happy to hear from me. About eight years ago I did it to someone. She did not sound happy to hear from me. I asked if my timing was bad. I said I’d love to see her and chat. She responded, “You’ve got to be kidding, Bud. I’m getting married tomorrow.” I deadpanned, “Perhaps after the honeymoon, then?”
2. What was your favorite vacation ever? My most recent favorite was the first year that my kids (and grandkids) and I rented a condo on the Jersey shore. We did it again a couple of years, but nothing matched the first one.
3. Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what’s going on before it happens? I’m okay with surprises. I remember one time I was at Max’s, which at the time was my hangout. A woman who I almost went home previously with was there. (When she was going to drive us to her place I realized that she was too drunk to drive. So I called my cabbie to take us home, but I went home.) Anyway I never got her number or anything so I kinda forgot about the whole thing. So there she was. She came over and tried small talk. I listened. Then she whispered, “Let’s go have that sex now.” Nice surprise.
4. Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK. I wrote poetry and was published in my prep school’s literary mag. But, in my senior year I wrote a poem where the first letter of each line spelled (Going down) “WTIT is the station abreast of the world situation”. It got recalled and those who already received it made money by selling it to those who didn’t. Years later, my rookie English teacher was now the publisher of that magazine. He explained that since I left (probably at that point ten years ago) they had a rule to read the letters down to be sure no one ever did it again. It was literally called “The Bud Rule”. I wonder if they still have it.
5. Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills? Yes. Please tell your mom to cool it with the naked pictures.
6. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don’t count. I am still close to two guys I’ve known for over 20 years, Rock Rolling and Harvey Wallbanger. Johnnie Walker and I have known each other over 40 years. I know. Remember I’m 259 years-old. It explains a lot.
7. Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don’t own one, do you think you will one day? Just my virtual dog, Happy. I am barely housebroken myself, so no to anything more. I happy with Happy.
8. It’s Friday afternoon and you’re planning your weekend. What’s on your agenda on a hot August night? I would not mind seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It’s a prequel, and it’s had great reviews.
9. What’s your worst nervous habit? Doing these fucktardian memes. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band
Singing So Long Davey!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!