Welcome to the W.T.F. meme. BPD in OKC decided to jump into the deep end of the meme pool. This three day (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday) meme is quite the undertaking. She does a great job with it.
Note: This their Wednesday edition. We are a day late and a buck short. So sue us.
1) When someone you know (or celebrities) get married, do you ever make bets on how long the marriage will last? It can be a real bet or just an unspoken thought to yourself. You will probably be surprised by this, but I can be a tad cynical. I’ve stated in this space before that I think the concept of “forever” is great for Cinderella or Pretty Woman, but in real life nothing lasts forever. Now, I know my readers are mostly 30 something women raising there kids. Enjoy that time. Forever with hubby & the kids seems like reality. But once those kids are raised, the odds of couples stay together are remote. I am not wise enough to let you know why that is, and there are exceptions. But, it has been my observation.
3) If you got a paint-by-number kit and made your own masterpiece would you claim it as your own work or admit it was a paint-by-number piece of artwork? You’re asking if (a) you are delusional thinking someone would think voila! Now you’re an artist! Or (b) you are a lying sack of crap. Great choice. How about (c) being a normal person?
5) I recently saw a late night TV commercial advertising pocket-size travel catheters. I found it quite disturbing and disgusting to see it in the middle of my late night TV watching. What commercial bothers you greatly? I don’t know know why, but YOUR choice of a commercial sounds incredibly funny. Although, I do realize that hearing about it isn’t like viewing the nonsense.
6) It seems like almost every movie anymore is available in 3-D. How do you feel about watching 3-D movies? Do you watch movies in 3-D when it’s possible? More often than not, it is a gimmick to mask a pretty fucking awful film. But do I like the effect, yes.
7) I just went two weeks without a day off from work. Do you work too much? How many days have you worked in a row without a day off? I
owned my own business for over a decade. You are never off. My present job is usually a weekday thing. A couple times a year we might work without a weekend off, so I guess two weeks in this position is the longest. But I sell alcohol to liquor stores, and it’s God’s work.
8) In Arkansas, it is illegal to keep alligators in bathtubs. What’s the oddest law you ever heard of? There are still states where there are sodomy laws. Anything but male-to-female genital is illegal. Can you imagine getting caught? “Where’s your husband?” you are asked. “He got carried away and gave me head. It was amazing! But, I had to turn him in.”
9) If you owned a retail store, what would you do to discourage people from stealing from you? Armed militias. I don’t like getting fucked with.
10) When someone you know is either getting married or having a baby and has created a store registry, do you buy them a gift straight off their registry, buy a gift card, or just go wild with your own gift ideas? I think any of those ideas are fine, although with the latter you do run the risk of duplication. I tend to go with the registry. It’s a safe bet and creative shopping is not my forte. I know your shocked. As shocked as my doing a Wednesday meme on a Thursday? Hey, WTF Thursday isn’t up yet. I may get to that if they publish. If not, well mow we’re being redundant. Our bad. Not as bad as anyone thinking we are “Miss Manners” for gift registries, but bad.
at the Tape Radio Blog.
We hope we’ve made a valuable
contribution to The Blogosphere here.
We realize that is a lofty expectation.
WTIT: The Blog is back, either way.
Same time. Same blog.