First time with this meme. We were reading Stacy Ann’s blog and saw it there.
1. How has your hometown changed since you were a kid? What has changed most about the neighborhood you grew up in? I occasional drive by the home that I grew up in and the home of the first WTIT Studio. The neighborhood looks the same, but the house my folks kept immaculate, needs paint and has overgrown plants everywhere. The pool where my kids learned to swim was never opened by the current owners. But, on the other hand, it is still there and brings back great memories. This pic was taken during our first photo shoot in 1970 at that house. The balcony was off my folk’s bedroom.
2. What song makes you laugh? I do crack myself up with this blog. But I’ll go with Dilbert here. It always make me laugh out loud. (Somebody has to remember how to spell that phrase.) You now know that I responded to the question by not reading it. I read my second comment before I caught it.
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world? No to all. The first came out opposite of the first Lord of the Rings film. I loved those books growing up and the films were perfect. I guess I chose the adult magic as opposed to the children’s. Plus Liv Tyler was hot as hell back then.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever? No. You can’t handle the truth.
5. What is your favorite ‘sauteed in garlic and butter’ food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better. Shrimp Scampi.
|This photo was shot Christmas Eve in 2008.|
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread? My family has a reunion of sorts every Christmas Eve. It’s the “Brennan” (My mother’s) side of the family and the tradition goes back over 90 years and countless generations. All my first cousins and their kids are there and I guess I love tradition. But trust me, we’ve got some lunatics and crazy uncles. Well that’s a lie. All the uncles on both sides of my family are gone. But if you can’t lie in a meme, where can you?
8. Insert your own random thought here. Last night WTIT recorded a session for the first time in a while. We took our annual DJ Staff pics. So for the first time, here’s WTIT in 2011. But whether this shot was taken on the 13th or 14th is anybody’s guess.