>Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Think of all your exes. Would you take any of them back? Not a fucking chance. Once you have seen the movie, you know how it ends. But I’d put it this way: There are places I remember, all my life though some have changed. Some forever not for better. Some have gone and some remain. All these places have their moments with lovers and friends I still can recall. Some are dead and some are living in my life I’ve loved them all. But not a second time.
2. If anyone came to your house on your “lazy days” what would you be wearing? It’s the Fourth of July Weekend. It’s a tee-shirt and shorts time. The tee would either be one of WTIT or The Beatles. Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da!
4. Have you ever been on your school’s track team? Not for a school, no. I ran track in the summer for our summer track meets. All the summer recreation parks in a very large town, 60K+, participated. I was a very fast sprinter. I remember being 13 and in a meet against a runner from another park. His father was an Olympian runner. And as most parents do who are Olympic sporting fanatics, they naturally had him have a daily coach and sprint year round. Someone explained this just before the 50 yard dash started. I never practiced because I hated working out, even as a kid. But I played sports and practiced for team sports, so I guess I was in good shape. No, this isn’t gonna be a Rocky story where I win the fucking race. But I matched him leg for leg and he only beat me by a half a leg. What a long fucking boring story. But then again, it’s not I’ll lose thousands of readers. I’m sure that the three of you will bear it or have skipped right through top comments.
5. Do you own a pair of Converse? No.
8. Don’t you hate when the radio ruins good songs by playing them over and over? That is why the gods of rock ‘n roll invented the iPod. The engraved WTIT iPod has over 15,000 songs from Buddy Holly to Kings of Leon. I may be 259 years-old, but I try to keep up with it all.
9. Do you watch the news? Nightly. With Brian Williams or Lester Holt. I’ve watched NBC News since The Huntley-Brinkley Report. Enjoy the holiday weekend! And Happy Canada Day, belated. But give me a break, I was in the hospital yesterday, eh? We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy holiday your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his
Fourth of July Marching Trumpeters!
Join us for Sunday Stealing!