>Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
|My sister with Zoey Elizabeth Weiser.|
1. What’s the remedy for you to stop worrying? No remedy at all. I’ve got kids. You never stop worrying. And my kids have all grown up. Yesterday I was in the hospital for some tests. But I was worrying about my daughter-in-law Maria. She was doing this little something called, what was it? Oh, right. Giving birth. Ben and Maria’s daughter was born yesterday afternoon. Her name is Zoey Elizabeth and she weight 6 pounds and some ounces. (Hey, I’m a guy. We never totally pay attention.) My sister Diane is picking me up this morning to drive to the Providence area where they live. Zoey is my third granddaughter. I am one lucky guy!
3. Do you use any freeware on your computer? If yes, do tell. I have a ton. My firewall is Zone Alarm. I use AVS for security. I use a graphics program that prints words on my pictures like the header to this blog. I have freeware knock-offs of Excel, Power Point and Word. The important thing is that you trust the site. I use just one site that I’ve trusted for over a decade. It’s called Snapfiles and it’s never let me down. Now how it will be for you is anybody’s guess.
4. What is one thing about your home that has to be just so or it drives you crazy when it comes to organization? It’s not the home, it’s the occupant. I try, I really do. But organization? Not my strong suit. On the other hand, I’m great at getting dressed silently in a dark closet when a husband comes home.
5. Is there a specific subject you’re especially curious about? A person? A region of the world? An animal? A field of study? There are two areas of interest that always seem to fascinate me. One is wild animals, big cats in particular and the other is rock bands. When I add music to my library I’ve got to read all about the band. Recently I downloaded the new Cars album, Move Like This. I already knew a lot about the Boston band (that really is not from Boston, but I digress) but I was particularly interested about why, in 2006, Rick Ocasek refused to tour with the surviving members. At the time he let the keyboardist and lead guitar tour with front man Todd Rundgren playing old Cars tunes as The New Cars. Yet when he completed writing the songs for what would have been another solo album, he asked the three surviving guys (Benjamin Orr, co-lead singer and bassist died of cancer in October of 2000.) to record their first album since 1988. They are currently touring. Go figure.
6. What do you consider your most interesting trait? How the fuck would I know? Ask someone who has observed these so-called traits of mine. I hope you’d at least here the ladies say, “Great in a threesome.”
7. What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life? When I was growing up, a couple of neighbors had very bad tempered German Shepherds. I still don’t like being around those dogs. It’s probably why I’m so attached to my dog Happy. I have no idea what breed he is. But since he’s just a virtual dog, it really doesn’t matter. But note he ain’t no Shepherd.
8. Who do you want to yell at to “get a grip!”? Got to go with Sarah Palin here. Did you hear her version of Paul Revere’s ride? I think she thought Mark Lindsay was there as well. But after even the evening news guys were making fun of her lack of knowledge, her supporters kept trying to change Wikipedia to match her whack-o version of events. Stupid is as stupid does. Her “history awareness tour” sure sounded harmless enough. Go ring those fucking bells, Sarah.
9. What do you wear to particularly look great for a party or event? A smile. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band doing
Vietnam’s Greatest Hits.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!