>Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. When you were single, or if you are single, what’s the best way to look for love? In my experience, love finds you. You do have to get out there. If you are not going to the occasional singles dance or using a Match.com thing, you are decreasing the odds. Of course that said, I usually have a charity scam. I invite all these women to hear my speech. I charge each $20 at the door and my assistant makes the women sign in to get their phone numbers. She then “stars” the attractive ones. All the money after paying my assistant goes to my favorite charity, Our Sisters of the Tiny Breasts. Women are suffering needlessly. If women can’t afford implants, this is the place to go. It is SUCH a good cause.
2. Have you ever cruised online personals, even if you’re married for fun? What was the reason, or if you haven’t, why not? I have met some great one night stands on Match. Would I need a better reason?
3. Have you ever put up an online personal? If so, how was your experience? Yes. I have met some interesting women. Those who got naked on the first meeting were the most fun. The interesting part is that 90% of women when asked will say they have never slept with someone on a first date. Yet, in my experience, 60% do. Now while I do understand how charming that I am, I don’t think it’s a “me thing”.
5. Have you ever had a good experience with online dating? If not, have you had a friend/family member have a good experience? Tell us about it! I will tell you about my last one I had about a year ago. It was the first time I did not meet the person at a bar. We met at a Starbucks or Dunky. I don’t really remember. Anyway the hardest part is deciding what your opening line will be. In the Hartford, CT are during colonial times there was a famous man named Thomas Hooker. Today there is a local brewing company called Thomas Hooker Beer. As I walked to the Starbucks, I walked past a bar. The A frame street sign said, “Hooker Night at 5PM.” When I met the woman I said, you are lucky that I just didn’t forget you and go in the bar. She said, “Why, are you nervous?” I grabbed her hand and showed her the sign. She laughed her ass off. She was the last person I dated before my recently departed ex.
6. Have you ever had a horrible experience with online dating? If not, someone else? Once a woman must have used a sister or cousin’s picture. She walked in at over 200 pounds. We were meeting for a drink at happy hour. I tried to be polite, but after she ordered her third appetizer that I knew I’d be paying for, I left. And yes I paid for everything.
7. Back in 2004, a friend threw her husband out because she found out that he was having cyber affairs/sex with 2 women in states FAR away from them. Do you think that cybersex is actually cheating? While I actually don’t think it’s the same as having an affair, it would end the relationship for me. Obviously, if someone was doing that, they must not be happy with me.
8. Do you have any suggestions for someone as to how to stay safe using a dating service? No. It’s a jungle out there.
9. I’ve heard someone say, “There’s Match.com and then there’s everyone else.” Is this true in your experience or someone you know? Yes. The next best service was Yahoo Dating. Yahoo sold out to Match a year or so ago. We’re back with Stealing.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band doing
Beethoven’s Greatest Hits.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!