>Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. Let’s begin!
1. Have you ever lost a friend after he/she got married? Yes. Why her new husband didn’t understand that when he’s away, she has certain “needs”. I was performing a well needed public service.
2. Do you make friends easily? Extremely easily. Although I usually have to actually pay them to be my friend.
3. Do you have many close friends? No. I am not rich enough to pay a lot of people.
4. Tell us about your oldest friend. Oldest? Fred Smalbals. He’s 87. He’s in a home and is so forgetful now that I don’t have to pay him anymore. When we visit he always says, “Oh. It’s you again. Pay me first or go away.” I usually convince him that last week I paid him for this week. We still have great times.
5. Tell us about your newest friend. He’s a dog. Does that count? Well, good. His name is Happy and he is my virtual dog.
6. Do you hang out with your friends often, or just occasionally when you can find time? Neither. People will only see me when they have absolutely no other alternative. Other than Fred, I think I last hung out with a friend for a half-hour last April.
7. What’s the furthest you’ve traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend? Living in northern Connecticut, I once convinced a friend to go all the way to southern Massachusetts. About seven miles away. What an adventure that was!!
8. What’s the biggest or best thing a friend has ever done for you? Every once in a blue moon we split the check at a bar. Since I usually pay them to go with me, I pick up the check as well. But when they pay half, I get all warm and tingly!
9. What’s the worst or most hurtful thing that a friend (or an ex-friend) has done to you? Once a guy named Rich Litelpeker organized a meeting of all my friends. I was not included. It turned out they met because they all wanted to charge me more and formed a union of sorts. We’re back with Stealing.
Today is Transgender Awareness day. My friend Diana has posted a wonderful video. Please take a moment to see it. Click here.
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Judd Corizan and his Band doing
Sgt. Pepper, side 1.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!