> Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Doug Spencer from the blog Songs of Innocence and of Experience. Doug does not credit where he got it. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. So let’s go!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. French twins place. (They are rather friendly.)
2. My neighbors, (Only when her husband’s out of town for some reason.)
3. The bathroom. (I’m going with an over under of 67% of people will be saying this,)
4. Vulcan. (I just am a fan of T’Pol.)
1. Jill Hennessy.
2. Cameron Diaz.
3. Jennifer Lopez.
4. Julia Roberts.
1. Napalm in the morning.
4. Steak grilling on the barbie.
2. Lie to Me
3. Criminal Minds
2. When Harry Met Sally
3. The Sure Thing
4. The Time Machine
2. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
3. How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you are.
4. Never delay the end of a meeting or the beginning of a happy hour.
1. I really do know the difference between fantasy and reality.
2. I started the syndicate version of Sunday Stealing hoping to get 10 people to play. One week we hit 90.
3. I keep thinking that I am going to stop writing this blog. But I decided first I tried just cutting back on writing other’s memes. It worked. I’m not burnt out anymore. I also stopped being a comment whore. I don’t want to read shit written by people that I do not know. When people comment on my post, I always return the favor. I’ve met my best blogger friends that way. At that point I am interested in what they write about.
1. The Beatles. If you don’t know that rock has never been better than when they ruledm then you know shitzola about the history of rock and roll. And I only mean that you don’t have to love them, but you gotta realize that whatever rock bands that you do love, since 1964, had The Beatles as a major influence.
2. Tommy Petty and the Heartbreakers. I feel that they wrote The Last DJ about me. But I bailed radio rather than fought it as his hero did.
3. The Cars. They were what the 80s songs were all about.The big news is they have a new album coming out in May.
|Ironically, it took uploading this “New Cars” photo for me to find out. Todd is on the right.|
|The Cars today.|
Two of the surviving members wanted to tour a few years ago because they needed money. Ocasek wouldn’t do it. So they got Todd Rundgren to start The New Cars . Their live (and only) album was fantastic. That incarnation of the band made money but broke up anyway. While doing the research for this post I stumbled upon an unbelievable fact: The Cars will release their first new album since 1988 next month. The relationship was really strained because of The New Cars thing. Ric had written a new album when he got a call from Elliot. A “what’s new” call. Ric told Elliot about his new album. Elliot asked jokingly, “Want to make it a Car’s album?” Ric Ocasek laughed. Two weeks later Ric called the three surviving members and asked if they were interested. We guess they answered “yes”. Click here to view their first single’s video.
4. Lynyrd Skynyrd. WTIT DJ The Midnight Plowboy’s favorite band. He got me really into them.