Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. MAN IN THE MOON “If you believe, they put a man on the moon…”
Eliot Spitzer. Apart from a few very public acts of indiscretion, he seemed like a great guy. Oh, and I mean except for the humiliation of his wife’s and kid’s. Oh, except for the part that he was a “tough on crime, no hooker before her time” hypocrisy part.
2. RADIO FREE EUROPE “Radio Free Europe, radio free europe, calling out…”
I mostly listen to broadcasts from other planets like Uranus.
3. IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT “It’s the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine”
Don’t you mean “who”?
4. LOSING MY RELIGION “Losing my religion, and I don’t know, oh no I’ve said too much…”
As often as possible.
5. NIGHTSWIMMING “Nightswimming, remembering that night…”
Yes. Wanna see the videos?
6. THE ONE I LOVE “This one goes out to the one I love. This one goes out to the one I left behind”
There are a lot of songs. I do sorta have a long past.
8. EVERYBODY HURTS “Everybody hurts, everybody cries, sometimes, sometimes everything is wrong…”
It’s fucking 5 AM and I’m up. This is the middle of the fucking night. I have a meeting in Boston at 9 AM.
To where I once belonged.
Banana. I just love watching a woman have one.
11. SOUTH CENTRAL RAIN “Did you never call? I waited for your call…”
12. DRIVE “What if you did what if you walked? What if you rocked around the clock?”
I’m a sixty minute man.
13. POP SONG “Should we talk about the weather…Should we talk about the government?”
The weather is too fucking cold and the government cannot get out of its own way. Republicans and democrats both suck moose. The republicans just suck more. We’re back with Sam.