The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of my dad’s shirt and the number 77, which is how old [Berleen’s] dad is today...
1. How long can you hold your breath? Don’t tell me you don’t know… try it. I held my breath waiting for Thunks to publish. It was 12 hours and twenty two minutes since I first looked. I almost emailed Ber, but I thought that it would be a tad anal and rude on my part. Back in the day I woulda just have written the fucker.
2. Have you been watching the Decorah Eagles? No. But as an animal fan, this won’t end well. Eagle chicks kill each other. The system is set up for only one to survive. I wonder how grossed out people will get when they see that happen.
4. Pick a color and a number and come up with a combination name for the new color. Gongerling three.
5. Write a paragraph about 10 minutes of your morning, writing it in the 3rd person. Bud awoke abruptly and thought, “Damn it. I hear him in the kitchen. Gotta grab the clothes and leave out the back door. She said her husband wasn’t due back till tomorrow. I think I’ll visit the twins and shower on my way home.” Of course, since the French twins live in the next apartment it wasn’t hard. Hard to do, that is.
6. What events have you marked on your calendar for this summer already?
|Ben, Bud & Bierne for one last time at The Stadium in 2008|
My only big plan so far is this month. In 2008, they closed the original Yankee Stadium. My dad took me there every year when I was growing up, even though he was a Cubbie fan. I bleed Yankee blue. I took my kids to The Stadium every year as they grew up. My son Ben and I have not yet been to the new ballpark. We will correct that on Saturday April 30th. Both of us are SO psyched.
7. If you could have any realistic talent, what would it be? I’d love to play the guitar. I always dreamed of being in a rock ‘n roll band. My son James is the guitarist for So Long Davey. It’s a thrill to live vicariously through him.
8. What is the scariest place you’ve ever visited? One of my ex-wives’ house.
9. If you were a cat, what already-made flavor of cat food (no chocolate flavors!) would you want to eat? This is why I love Thunks. Only Berleen could ask this question.I’ll go with lox and cream cheese. My lady Kathy asked me if feeding her boss’s dog (He’s an orthodox Jew.) bacon flavored dog biscuits would be kosher. After I fell out of my chair laughing, I suggested she ask her boss.
10. What were you doing the Friday 2 weeks ago in the afternoon? Writing Saturday 9. Sometimes Crazy Sam asks for help. Kathy’s got Three Dog Night for Rock ‘n Roll Fridays. Be there or be square. Peace, bros.