Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. THE TURTLES… Happy Together …”Imagine me and you, I do, I think about you day and night, it’s only right…”
Who was the last person you thought about day and night? Jill Hennessy. (Now, you all know it’s my lady, but I’ve got a fucking image to uphold. And I do like posting Jill’s picture for some reason. Nice teeth, perhaps?)
2. THE TURTLES… Eleanor … “They’ll turn the lights down way low and maybe we won’t watch the show…”
What was the last movie you made out to? I really thinks he meant the Alanis thing here, not “making out”. But truth be told, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a film in a theater. I think the new cast Star Trek film (2009) was it. I went alone. I did ask the woman sitting near me for a blow job (for the sake of this question). She smiled and said, “How nice of you to ask! Tempting, but no.”
3. THE TURTLES… She’d Rather Be With Me… Me oh my, lucky guy is what I am, tell you why you’ll understand, she don’t lie although she can”
Has someone ever left another person to be with you? I really have no idea. I’ve had people “step out” to be with me, but I don’t recall someone involved with someone else leaving someone for me. But. You won’t believe this, but I’ve led a colorful past. I might just not recall.
4. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Hey Baby They’re Playin Our Song… “Hey baby they’re playin our song, the one we used to hear when we used to get along”
What song did you love to hear in your most recent relationship? Is most recent included current? I thinking yes. Reasons by Earth, Wind and Fire.
6. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Kind Of A Drag… “Kind of a drag, when your baby don’t love you, kind of a drag when you know she’s been untrue…”
What’s been kind of a drag for you lately? The Royal fucking Wedding. I am so glad they are married. I mean in a “at last it’s fucking over” kind of way.
7. THE ASSOCIATION… Never My Love… How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life, with me…”
How do you react to a break up? I usually celebrate with Smirnoff and hookers, like most men of faith.
8. THE ASSOCIATION… Windy… “and Windy has stormy eyes that laugh at the sun up high and Windy has wings to fly above the stars…”What is the worst downwind you have ever been in? How this question and lyrics are related are beyond me. And, I’m really not sure if I’m being asked when the last person farted in my presence or whatever the point of this is. I’ll use this time to mention that 13 returning to House blew my mind.
9. THE ASSOCIATION… Goodbye Columbus … “It’s a lucky day just for changing leavin the old world behind, lucky day for walkin a new road, just to clear your mind…”
What do you do when you’re overly happy? I say, “Oh baby, oh baby, yes!”
10. THE GRASS ROOTS… Let’s Live For Today… “I think of all the worries people seem to find, and how they’re in a hurry to complicate their mind, By chasing after money and dreams that can’t come true, I’m glad that we are different, we’ve better things to do…”
How are you different from your significant other? I love Jimmy Buffett and she loves Doris Day.
11. THE GRASS ROOTS… Midnight Confession… “In my midnight confession when I tell all the world that I love you…”
What is your confession this week? James Durbin wins American Idol.
12. MARK LINDSAY (Paul Revere & The Raiders)… Miss America … “Do you miss America, miss America, miss America, I know I do…”
Do you believe we should still have Miss America pageants? I didn’t like them before I realized how sexist and denigrating to women that they are. However, I don’t believe in censorship. So, whatever floats your boat.
13. MARK LINDSAY Arizona … “Arizona, cut off your Indian braids, Arizona, hey won’t you go my way…”
Have you ever cut your hair or shaved a mustache/beard for someone else? Yes. I can be as big a wuss as the next guy. We’re back with Sam.